7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Non v-tec convert to v-tec

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicboss is an unknown quantity at this point
Non v-tec convert to v-tec

Hi I have a 02 1.7 civic I swapped out the motor to 1.7 vtec I also got the harnbess and ecu.... However the harness on the vtec one does not have a secondary 02 sensor connector. I was wondering what I would need to do to get the 02 sensor working. CEL is on and code for 02 sensor. If anyone know what we could do to fix this error I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks......
Old 12-11-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non v-tec convert to v-tec

So's im a lookin in my diagrams......
Looks like the rear sensor connector on an EX would be below the steering rack.., just off center toward the pass. side....
but there are a few necessary wires in connector C451 (13, brown, under center of dash) that aren't on an LX, so that must mean the dash harness is different too.

I'd probably run new wires to the PCM and splice as needed, use a correct sensor connector just so replacing the sensor later on isn't complicated.

Rear sensor uses PCM pins E2, E3, E4, E6, and dash fuse #4.
Connector E is the top connector on the PCM, and fuse 4 already runs to the primary O2 sensor.

You need some wiring diagrams and maybe harness diagrams

How the are you gonna get this fiasco past the emissions inspections?
Old 12-12-2014
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question.. Is the ECU from an 01-03 civic or an 04-05 civic?

@ezone that'd make a difference, right, since they swapped over to the wideband sensors (or just sensor..?) in 04?
Old 12-12-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Just a quick question.. Is the ECU from an 01-03 civic or an 04-05 civic?

@ezone that'd make a difference, right, since they swapped over to the wideband sensors (or just sensor..?) in 04?

Oh yeah it would! Plus, to go along with the AF sensor on a newer version it uses a relay to run its heater...... All this is in the wiring diagrams for the appropriate year car.

I just automatically ASSUMED the OP was using the drivetrain/harness/pcm from an equal year car. How silly of me!

(Just the front sensor would be an AF, not the rear)