7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Please help !

Old 10-28-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cona is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Please help !

Abstract:

I have a Honda Civic SI 2002 .

I have been needing an alignment , a new engine mount, my radiator is leaking , and the reservoir also has a hole in it .

I had been filling it up with water through the radiator cap . Now I fill it up with 50/50 coolant .

When I take turns I hear sort of a solid metal ticking noise .

Coming from either the right wheel where I need an alignment , or in the middle of the car .

But it is not the engine , when I rev it or if I am going straight I do not hear the ticking noise .

I stress , I only hear it when I turn .

Questions:

What can happen if I do not get my radiator fixed soon ?

I went under the car and I saw that nothing was broken.
: the ball joint is good
: the sway bar connector is good
: the control arm is good
: the tie rod ends are good
: anything else? thinking....anyway,

I am thinking that it might be the engine mount ?

If I am correct how much time do I have , and how safe might I have to drive?

What else might it be?

Can it be because of the radiator?

I had been running on almost no radiator fluid the other day , but I never use my A/C . Is that killing my engine ?

Please help !

Comment below

thank you,

cona .
Old 10-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Please help !

ticking while turning= CV joint
never use just water unless it an emergency check the hose's find the leak ASAP. never drive with little to no fluid of course thats bad for the engine come on!!!,.
Old 10-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usajags84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Please help !

A lot of the issues you mentioned are repairs you could do from the DIY section of the website

As someone said your clicking is a cv joint most likely and there's a DIY for that you can use basic tools to change and use a retal torque wrench to make sure everything is torqued to specifications. You will need to do an alignment after this is changed for sure!

Running low on coolant is a major concern.
When you said almost no coolant did you mean in the radiator or reservoir?
Did the car over heat?
The radiator in our cars is relatively inexpensive and is not overly complicated to change

If you are sure your leaks are from the radiator then I would suggest replacing and refilling with clean 50:50 mixture you can buy the full strength as mix with deionized water
I would follow some DIY step to be certain that you have purged the coolant system of air

Do you know when your car last had a timing belt and water pump change?

Search this Thread