7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Headlight switch recall(chime in ezone)

Old 09-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Headlight switch recall(chime in ezone)

Curious if anybody here knows what the symptoms of the recall on the headlight switch was? I had a strange issue last night that caused me some concern.

Currently I have a retrofit hid setup, with two 50w Ballast (not chinese junk), and a relay harness. Up to this point, I have had zero issues with the setup. I had my brights on last night, which with the relay harness means my hid low's stay on, along with my halogen highs. I had the high beams on for about 5 mins, when out of nowhere, the hids shut off completely, and left only the high beams running. As soon as I popped the light stalk back down to low beams, the hids came right back on without issue. It happened again a few minutes later when I tried to recreate the problem. It seems to occur only when running the high beams for at least 5 or 10 mins.

Just curious if anybody else has had this issue. I've checked all the fuses, and my wiring contacts are fine.
Old 09-26-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Headlight switch recall(chime in ezone)

The recall is for loosing low beams, and only covers 01s an early 02s.
Old 09-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

I did loose the low beams, and im pretty sure some 03's were affected as well.
Old 09-26-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The recall does apply to SOME 2003 cars according to the info I see.

Your dealer needs to check the VIN to see if any recalls are open for your car (or I can check if you post your vin).
Old 09-26-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I didn't know there was a recall for such a thing.

I am having an issue with my low beams not working at all. I have to turn on my highs first and then turn them off. This sometimes causes the lows to stay on but sometimes it doesn't.

Could this my issue?

I'll post my VIN tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
I didn't know there was a recall for such a thing.

I am having an issue with my low beams not working at all. I have to turn on my highs first and then turn them off. This sometimes causes the lows to stay on but sometimes it doesn't.

Could this my issue?
Maaaaybe.

I'll post my VIN tomorrow.
PM if you want.
Old 09-26-2014
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got the recall notice for my 03.
Never had an issue, never really felt like bringing it in either.
Old 09-26-2014

The idea is to get it taken care of BEFORE it becomes a dangerous problem.
Old 09-26-2014
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, was that what the multiple notices was going on about?
Old 09-26-2014

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Oh, was that what the multiple notices was going on about?
Trying to support the paper industry....
Old 09-27-2014
Kenny the Ricer

With all these people going "Eco-friendly", how are these industries supposed to survive?
Someone's gotta bring them business.