7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Newbie needing lx parts on dx civic etc asap

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014
new honda guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawco902 is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbie needing lx parts on dx civic etc asap

Hello I am sorry I am new to this sit and just bought a 2002 civic sedan dx, I was searching up on swapping some lx parts like the cluster because the dx doesn't have one, and also would that cluter work if I put a lx head on it so that it would ha e VTEC and is that hard to do? I seen the write up seems easy but wanna know from you's! And what do yous suggest for performance upgrades like cold air I take etc thanks in advance for even reading this!
Old 09-01-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbie needing lx parts on dx civic etc asap

I didn't see anyone else responding, so here goes nuthin'...

like the cluster because the dx doesn't have one
You mean it doesn't have a tach. Yes I think the cluster swap is doable, plug-n-play if you get the right one from the correct year. But there are a crapton of choices, US cars have like 17 or so possible choices.
Odometer info stays in the cluster so your reading won't be true mileage (kms) of your car, it will be mileage from another car.

I put a lx head on it so that it would ha e VTEC and is that hard to do?
I think the LX head is exactly the same as what you already have on your DX---according to a Canadian parts catalog.

Pretty sure if you are in Canada you would have to get an Si head to get VTEC.
In the US market you would need a head from an EX.

Then you'd need the PCM that can operate the VTEC...and lay new wiring between the VTEC and the computer......and pay a dealership for programming the immobilizer system in that computer before the engine can run....

.....Or buy a standalone controller to operate the VTEC.

Does the car have to pass an emissions test in your area?

I personally think it might be easier to just sell it and buy a car that already comes with the stuff you want. You'd even get power windows and all that. But IDK if Canada had a sedan with VTEC that year.

And what do yous suggest for performance upgrades like cold air I take etc
Noise upgrades LOL