7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do I (or can i) replace this glass?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onedr is an unknown quantity at this point
How do I (or can i) replace this glass?

so my car's just been broken into again for the 2nd time in the past 3 months. They broke the rear quarter window as opposed to the front passenger window the first time.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to replace the glass myself(#12/15)[& how], and if it's more cost effective rather than making a claim w/ my insurance.

Last edited by onedr; 07-29-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How do I (or can i) replace this glass?

Sounds like you need a better security system/parking spot. What year/trim/model are you looking at? Found an article here that might help.
Old 07-29-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Depending on your deductible it may be cheaper to DIY or pay out of pocket for someone like Safelite.
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Poopies
Sounds like you need a better security system/parking spot. What year/trim/model are you looking at? Found an article here that might help.
haha, shitty thing is, both times happened right in my driveway. What's more messed is, i live in a cul de sac =S. It happened on my 04 civic dx sedan.
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Depending on your deductible it may be cheaper to DIY or pay out of pocket for someone like Safelite.
my deductible is 200 right now. I can probably get the glass for around 20-30$ at the junkyard. Just not sure on how i'd go about replacing it & if there's any other expenses i need to look at.
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i had my car broken into on my Cul-de-sac in a nice quite town. i had a camera installed on my house and set up a wireless motion detector in my driveway that i painted black.the motion detector you can get cheap around $30 bucks.
Old 08-01-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i had my car broken into on my Cul-de-sac in a nice quite town. i had a camera installed on my house and set up a wireless motion detector in my driveway that i painted black.the motion detector you can get cheap around $30 bucks.
lol, how'd that work out for you?
Old 08-01-2014
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

it worked out good it even detected people trying to break into my neighbors garage it faces that direction. but there's an occasional false alarm from wild turkeys.
Old 08-02-2014
Registered!!

it worked out good it even detected people trying to break into my neighbors garage it faces that direction. but there's an occasional false alarm from wild turkeys.
ahhh, i'm torn between getting a security cam, or a car alarm lol. possibly catch these ***** for good... or prevent them from ever stealing my ****, but still probably smashing my windows.

I know this is for a toyota 4 runner, but can anyone confirm if this is the general idea for replacing a quarter window on a 4 door vehicle? (
)
Old 08-02-2014
Registered!!

well the motion detector warned me as it was going down it gave me time to call the cops and grab my shot gun. the camera didn't see anything because it was directly facing my car downwards. i confronted them as they were climbing in the window and they ran but were later caught because they parked there car down the road which i pointed out to the cops i didn't recognise. so i attribute that to the motion detector.by the way it was a cheap detector i bought from harbor freight tools for 15 bucks.
Old 08-02-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

...grab my shot gun...i confronted them as they were climbing in the window and they ran
http://www.keepshooting.com/12-gauge...bag-round.html
Old 08-04-2014
Registered!!

nah i just use rock salt.