7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

hid shaking. do 7th gen have canbus?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greenbackz is an unknown quantity at this point
hid shaking. do 7th gen have canbus?

2002 civic coupe.
i bought a cheap hid kit on ebay and it works ok but i noticed a shaking sometimes. same problem as in this video, but not nearly as bad or as often.

the seller is trying to tell me that the reason its doing that is because i need the canbus attachment and they are trying to get me to pay another $3 so they can ship me this thing. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-Xenon-HID-Kit-Error-Warning-Canceller-Canbus-Capacitors-Computer-Decoder-/301238285333?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4623337415
as far as i've read our cars don't even use canbus so i don't understand how this will help..

do our cars even have canbus?!

what should i do? pay the extra $3 and hope it fixed my issue (im assuming its something like.. bad ballast, bad bulbs.. or just overall garbage kit)

or.. just say f*ck it return and try to get a refund?
Old 07-25-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: hid shaking. do 7th gen have canbus?

Originally Posted by greenbackz
do our cars even have canbus?!
No they do not have canbus.

what should i do? pay the extra $3 and hope it fixed my issue (im assuming its something like.. bad ballast, bad bulbs.. or just overall garbage kit)
Canbus won't help so don't buy that.

The reason for the flickering is either a bad ballast or bad ground. Since they are cheap ballasts then that could be at fault but check your grounds first.
Old 07-25-2014
Registered!!

lol that's what i thought. I'll check my grounds but i'm thinking its ballasts as they are cheap crap.
Old 07-26-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have never seen this problem but since you stated there cheap i think thats the problem there cheap. look into DDM tuning there what i use along with thousands of other civic owners there cheap but they actually work ive had mine for 3 years now with no issues other then replacing the cheap chinese relay on the harness which i got from pepboys for 10 bucks. here is there link http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...and-Components
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i have never seen this problem but since you stated there cheap i think thats the problem there cheap. look into DDM tuning there what i use along with thousands of other civic owners there cheap but they actually work ive had mine for 3 years now with no issues other then replacing the cheap chinese relay on the harness which i got from pepboys for 10 bucks. here is there link http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...and-Components
thanks. I've heard lots about ddm kits, just grabbed a cheap eBay kit to see how it would look. if I don't get hassled by the cops too much over the next few months I'll definitely spend extra cash to get ddm kit. as you said, ddm are cheap but actually decent. I only paid $30 for these ones.. cheaper than halogen bulbs cost at the local Walmart so I don't even really care if they die on me. hids in halogen housing are illegal here (and also glare and have a ridiculous beam pattern) so I wanted to see if I get hassled by cops before dropping lots of money in them.

and yes, I know. I'm a huge douche for rocking an hid conversion kit with halogen housing :s
Old 07-29-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

these days everybody and the mothers have HIDs in stock housings were im from even the lifted truck rednecks which is even more blinding. cops could care less were im from.
Old 08-02-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
these days everybody and the mothers have HIDs in stock housings were im from even the lifted truck rednecks which is even more blinding. cops could care less were im from.
lol i noticed the other night when i was driving around.. even old ppl with minivans got hids in their stock housings its ridiculous.. cops don't care unless its like 3am and ur the only car on the road and they feel like being *******s. i'll eventually get a DDM kit once these things die. not bad for $30 tho they barely ever do that weird shaking thing. i'll be surprised if these things last me 3 months haha for that price can't go wrong.

gotta agree tho, trucks with hids are blinding as hell when they are behind u on a pitch black road lol. projectors or not, they're that perfect height to blind ur *** lol