7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Windshield Blade Replacement on '04 EX

Old 04-10-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G_ROBB89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Windshield Blade Replacement on '04 EX

I might be an idiot but I cannot figure out how to change out the wiper blades on my '04.

The OM indicates that only the blade has to be changed and not the entire assembly. Though I bought the assembly pieces that have the entire part that rests on the windshield.

Does anyone know the trick or have recommendations for me?

Thank You.
Old 04-10-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Windshield Blade Replacement on '04 EX

If you have oem original blades in place still.... then just get the rubber refills.

You will be better off.

And also, don't let the arm slam down on your glass (don't ask how I know this)
Old 04-10-2014
*watches temp gauge like a hawkboss* :D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of lightkinakoes2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by G_ROBB89
I might be an idiot but I cannot figure out how to change out the wiper blades on my '04.

The OM indicates that only the blade has to be changed and not the entire assembly. Though I bought the assembly pieces that have the entire part that rests on the windshield.

Does anyone know the trick or have recommendations for me?

Thank You.
Hmm. So it's the entire arm and not just the wiper holder? Or just the holder (the part that holds the blade to the windshield)?

If it's the holder you bought... pivot the holder until its almost perpendicular to the arm. There should be a little tab now accessible you press down (some brands make you pull it up) to release the holder from the J-shaped hook at the end of the arm. Simply pull toward the car-side of the arm, and it should slide off. Reverse to install, simple.

And yes, don't let the naked arm slam down on the windshield without a blade holder installed -- it can crack your $800 OEM windshield.
Old 04-10-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you still have the original NWB brand (I think) blades, you can buy just the rubber inserts for them at the dealer. Many dealers will install them for you.

If you have non factory blades, just go to AutoZone (or Pep Boys or wherever) and get another pair that fit your car. Have their people install them in the parking lot for you.
Old 04-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G_ROBB89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all for the help and suggestions.

I have the entire blade holder. I have attempted removal using the tab and turning the arm perpendicular but was unable to negotiate it off, I may be going about it the wrong way.

I am unsure if these are the original blades given that I am the third owner. I am going to attempt it myself once more and if I can't figure it out I'll just go back to autozone and ask them to do it for me.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up about being cautious with the naked windshield arm.
Old 04-12-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-12-2014