7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bought Magnaflow 14832 muffler for my Civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a.sasaki15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought Magnaflow 14832 muffler for my Civic

My friend installed a Magnaflow exhaust+tip in his 2001 Honda Accord EX coupe (his is 4 cyclinder) and it sounded very nice. He first had it installed with the resonator on and it sounded very quiet that there was almost no different from stock. He went back to the shop that installed it and got the resonator out and it sounded very nice. It sounded very strong and not ricey. I ordered Magnaflow 14832 from Amazon and I just hope my civic 2001 ex sounds good. I just want a little bit of sound when I start my engine and when im driving. I also like the looks of the muffler. The muffler guy at this muffler shop told me to go without the resonator for sound. Has anyone got a magnaflow on their car (with resonator) and happy with it?

What I've done to my White EM2 so far: I've already had new 17' rims, low profile tires, HID 6000K, new mats, alpine 137 stereo, fog lights, and tinted tail lights (with a little of red showing to make it look sporty). My goal is to make the car look nice. I dont intend on making it into a race car.

Bad mods that I've done that ended up junk: aftermarket halo headlights. complete junk!

Next Mods:
Magnaflow muffler
Yellow tint for foglights
Rear visor

Last edited by a.sasaki15; 03-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-14-2013
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bought Magnaflow 14832 muffler for my Civic

Headers will really bring out the sound of your exhaust system. Personally, I would go with a full magnaflow catback system. Magnaflow is my favorite exhaust brand
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

im on a budget with my mods and catback is out of my budget. It's 500+ dollars..Yikes. I wouldn't even bother with those cheap ones on Ebay as I've heard bad things about it.

Has anyone done a resonator delete on their magnaflow on their civic? I'd do it if it sounds good but what I find on youtube is not enough to be sure.
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

if your going to spend 500+ dollars i would get an Apexi WS2 catback instead.
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

Since I have an exhaust will an air intake make a difference? .
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

regarding what ???
Old 03-17-2013
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by a.sasaki15
Since I have an exhaust will an air intake make a difference? .
No. It more then likely will not.
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

DeamonG37S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
No. It more then likely will not.
Is their proof of this? or are you simply sharing your thoughts on what you think... Im not here to bust ur chops but dont share invalid information. because their are dyno sheets prooving the gains with intakes and exhaust. Even if the gain is 5whp(intake), Minimal gains but they all work together to get more hp. Bolt on mods increase hp and mpg and noise but they do make a difference. My Si is quicker than a stock Si period. I recomend a intake all my cars and bikes get treated with one. Saves you money on filters, gets you better MPG, sounds great, looks great in engine bay, and 5whp. Every HP counts imo esp with our engines only makin 127hp.

Last edited by DeamonG37S; 03-18-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2013
Registered!!

hes only got a muffler not a full header back not to mention a completely different engine then a 6th gen SI. 127hp equals to about 90-100hp to the wheels with an automatic transmission thats brand new so i agree there will be no noticeable gain in power.
Old 03-20-2013
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DeamonG37S
Is their proof of this? or are you simply sharing your thoughts on what you think... Im not here to bust ur chops but dont share invalid information. because their are dyno sheets prooving the gains with intakes and exhaust. Even if the gain is 5whp(intake), Minimal gains but they all work together to get more hp. Bolt on mods increase hp and mpg and noise but they do make a difference. My Si is quicker than a stock Si period. I recomend a intake all my cars and bikes get treated with one. Saves you money on filters, gets you better MPG, sounds great, looks great in engine bay, and 5whp. Every HP counts imo esp with our engines only makin 127hp.
Without a proper tune I doubt you can expect much from any OBDII car.
Just my opinion, do your own research and see what you come up with.
Where do you come up with 5whp from?
Out of all the things I read and watched on line (Not my own personal experience) no bolt ons gave any real gains worth talking about, some have even lost power with "upgrades"
Even with a proper tune I think the gains are small to none on a car like a civic.

Again just my opinion..

Last edited by 04 Honda Civic; 03-21-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

Check out this by a reputable source.
Like I said 5hp intake.
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...onda_civic_ex/
Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

its funny how they say it only has a catback and intake but you can clearly see a header in the picture which probably flows into a down pipe and most likely into a gutted or non existent cat.

Last edited by lowlife9; 03-21-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

For me 6whp is not worth the money to be spent.
I am always skeptical with magazines like that.

To each his own.
Old 03-21-2013
Registered!!

pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

Check out this by a reputable source.
Like I said 5hp intake.
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...onda_civic_ex/
I'm not sure a tuner trying to sell parts is "a reputable source".
Old 03-23-2013
Registered!!

At the end of the day, its a few hp to be gained with a intake. Increases the flow and noise, and filter can be reused. Their not cheap so if your a car guy and like modding do it if not leave it alone... Research yourself and youll see, i couldnt find a independent dyno done on a intake for our car. But theirs plenty of other model honda's showing gains with intake. I could post a few of those. Even my G with dual intakes ive replaced with aftermarket to get the extra 5-10hp out of them. When i did my ninja 636 with intake second gear would wheelie lol. Is it worth the money? No its not. But you will gain HP bottom line. No gains from a ebay intake but a actual company that does R&D like AEM K&N R2C INJEN HKS GREDDY etc. i have dyno charts for my G37 but its a dif car. None of these intake companys would exist if their werent gains and their product doesnt do what its suppose to do, who would buy it? If u wanna beleive theirs no gains by all means. Im not trying to convince you. Jus get ur facts staight. Also if u wanna get in detail, how is their no gains on a A/T tranny? Please explain this one... Thank You for sharing false information AGAIN!!!!!!!
I BROUGHT MY FLAMESUIT so BRING IT!!!!
Old 03-26-2013
Registered!!

momule2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

At the end of the day, its a few hp to be gained with a intake. Increases the flow and noise, and filter can be reused. Their not cheap so if your a car guy and like modding do it if not leave it alone... Research yourself and youll see, i couldnt find a independent dyno done on a intake for our car. But theirs plenty of other model honda's showing gains with intake. I could post a few of those. Even my G with dual intakes ive replaced with aftermarket to get the extra 5-10hp out of them. When i did my ninja 636 with intake second gear would wheelie lol. Is it worth the money? No its not. But you will gain HP bottom line. No gains from a ebay intake but a actual company that does R&D like AEM K&N R2C INJEN HKS GREDDY etc. i have dyno charts for my G37 but its a dif car. None of these intake companys would exist if their werent gains and their product doesnt do what its suppose to do, who would buy it? If u wanna beleive theirs no gains by all means. Im not trying to convince you. Jus get ur facts staight. Also if u wanna get in detail, how is their no gains on a A/T tranny? Please explain this one... Thank You for sharing false information AGAIN!!!!!!!
I BROUGHT MY FLAMESUIT so BRING IT!!!!

No need for any flaming here. Like many upgrades, unless you have before and after dyno results HP gains are hearsay and in the mind of the owner. Bottom line is that we spend money on fairly expensive and unnecessary stuff because it makes us happy to do so. If one really wanted to go fast then a Civic would be a poor platform to pour money into. So we do it because we can afford it or not and because it makes us feel good. Let's try not to get pissy about something as trivial as 5HP gains. To each their own.
Old 03-26-2013
Registered!!

pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

People are going to believe what they want to believe. I will agree that there are cases where an aftermarket air intake will improve performance but it depends on the vehicle and the engineering that goes into the intake, these are the exception and not the rule.

The people on this forum saying there is little to no gain in HP would be the first to buy an intake if there was a reason. They have nothing to gain telling people it is a waste.
Old 03-27-2013
Registered!!

I don't care about HP. I just care about any gain in mileage and sound. I wish I can make it a fast car but I don't intend on putting a lot of money. All I care about is making this car nicer in appearance and sound a little bit nicer than stock. If this was a Civic Si or a lancer GT it would be a different story.

Has anyone only installed air intake (like KN typhoon) and exhaust only (like mine wtih resonator and with no cat back) and have any improvement in terms of mileage and sound?
Old 03-31-2013
Registered!!

u will gain a few more mpg over stock, as long as you drive it normally, in the beginning you tend to floor it more often to hear the intake.
Old 04-01-2013
Registered!!

Sound is easy, most intakes will be louder than stock. As far as MPG, most will be worse than stock. An intake can improve HP and MPG by drawing in cooler, denser air which makes the engine more efficient. Since the stock air intake draws from behind the headlight the air is cooler than other parts of the engine compartment. If you change to a short ram and start pulling air from behind the engine I would expect it to be hotter and efficiency (HP & MPG) to go down. Most after market cold air intakes probably won't help either since they tend to pull from under the car and behind the engine which means the air has been heated by the engine as well.

If you do find an intake that draws cooler air then the stock one the difference depends on other factors as well. The level of difference between outside and under-hood air temp will vary depending on the temp where you live. If I remember correctly, an eleven degree drop in temp produces a 1% increase in air density so if your new air intake draws air that is 22 degrees cooler than stock the air is only 2% denser and the increase in efficiency is even less.

The good news is an aftermarket intake doesn't hurt MPG much either so if you like the look and sound you probably won't notice much drop in mileage. As Deamon pointed out, if you drive more aggressively to hear the sound, mileage will drop.