7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Replacing a Catalytic Converter in CALIFORNIA

Old 03-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
big420dog94550 is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing a Catalytic Converter in CALIFORNIA

I have a 2001 Civic EX Coupe with a D17A2 engine. Right now the Catalytic Converter sits inline in the exhaust, not the one that is part of the exhaust manifold up front. Well I have to replace my Cat and the one that I have located for this model that is for use in California is the kind that is part of the exhaust manifold. There doesnt seem to be a replacement for California where the Cat is inline. So does this mean I have to get the new Cat that is part of the manifold as well as new piping to run back to the back muffler? Also I have to relocate the O2 sensor to upfront right?
Old 03-17-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,143 Likes on 798 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing a Catalytic Converter in CALIFORNIA

why do you have to relocate your cat? That's the OEM location.. There shouldn't be a reason to change it to a catalytic converter from a different engine (d17a1 has the cat as part of the exhaust mani)
Old 03-17-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Replacing a Catalytic Converter in CALIFORNIA

I think you are having difficulties finding an OEM D17a2 cat is because they are supposedly a dealer or shop only replaceable part in California. Thank you CARB. Most online cats are 49 state legal. OEM or a select few approved cats must be ordered/ installed on your car by the dealer or shop. Try a junk yard, Craigslist or Ebay. Hard to get a hold of these nowadays, for cheap.