7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

"Small Light" fuse keeps blowing

Old 11-02-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
"Small Light" fuse keeps blowing

Okay so the other day I noticed my tail lights and my gauges didnt light up anymore. (the brake lights, turn signals, head lights, and the srs, cel etc. all work fine)
Did some heavy duty searching and most people say the "small light" fuse has blown. checked it today, and yep, blown. This is the 3rd one ive gone through.

Most people said that you need to disconnect the dimmer positive and illumination (orange wires) going to your head unit. Mine have always been disconnected with a protective boot on the end so they dont ground. What could be causing this fuse to blow?
Old 11-02-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: "Small Light" fuse keeps blowing

Does the fuse blow the second the lights are switched on ??

There are 2 wires leading to the head unit that could cause problems. The FACTORY colors are (1) RED/BLK Pin A9 it comes directly from the fuse you are replacing,same as is used for markers,tails & licence lights. (2) RED Pin A19 it is for the dimmable bulbs.

See if wires leading to these 2 are connected or need isolated.

Let us know when the fuse opens that will help some.
Old 11-02-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: "Small Light" fuse keeps blowing

Originally Posted by CraigW
Does the fuse blow the second the lights are switched on ??

There are 2 wires leading to the head unit that could cause problems. The FACTORY colors are (1) RED/BLK Pin A9 it comes directly from the fuse you are replacing,same as is used for markers,tails & licence lights. (2) RED Pin A19 it is for the dimmable bulbs.

See if wires leading to these 2 are connected or need isolated.

Let us know when the fuse opens that will help some.
Both comming from the car to the headunit are not connected to the hu and are isolated. On my 01 lx they are orange and orange/white for dimmer and illuminator. Ill take out the gauges tomorrow and look at the circuit board.