7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Halo Lights are SUPER DIM!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisbrown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Halo Lights are SUPER DIM!

Okay Sooo..

I bought some headlights for my 2005 Civic Ex, And they were from CarID, They are the halo ones with 1 halo ring and whatever else, but anyways.. I got them installed and all, but... They are very dim, is there a way to make them brighter? Or add more LEDs or anything too it?

Or can I get an HID kit and run it for my Halo Ring? Just wondering..
Old 06-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Halo Lights are SUPER DIM!

not much you can do, its just the design. it uses a light pipe so even if you change the led with a brighter one by opening the headlights up, it will not get that much brighter. the leds it comes with will burn out in a few months anyway.
Old 06-17-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

are the ones u got similar to these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...Q5fAccessories

i wanted to get these kind, and i think thats the same ring ur talkin about, but these look like they have another light for the actual headlight..

but if these like the ones u got, i dunno if i'd get em bc of the dim problem.. ?
Old 06-18-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

the halo is just for fun, like an extra parking light. its not for anything useful. i had those lights before in black and i wired up my own 5mm white leds which were brighter but still only visible at night. there are two leds per ring, one on each side at the bottom pointing inside to light it up. the 5w parking light still overpowers it ofcourse. the only brighter alternative is cold cathode light rings but they are not very reliable and dont work well in cold weather.

Name:  ledhaloor2.jpg
Views: 2851
Size:  24.7 KB
Old 06-18-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

question.. is there a way to wire it up to where when u turn ur "parking lights" on.. that just the halo comes on? i think it looks so sweet with just that ring lit up.. and then have the actual parking light come on with the headlight? cuz if so, that's exactly what i'd want. i just love how that looks. thanks for lettin me know about ^ that tho never knew that about em.
Old 06-18-2011
Premium Member

not exactly how you describe. if you want the halo on by itself, you can always install a separate switch just for them. the bmw halo system is far more advanced (and uses a halogen bulb in newer models) so there are decent upgrade led kits that do work and are super bright like the LUX kits. the brand new bmws already come with bright white led halos with hi power leds and a unique optic system to channel the light. they are bright enough to see during the day as drls.

Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

SO basically I bought crappy lights? If the LED is going to die soon, then how do i replace that, and everyone else halo rings are bright but mine.. What the heck dude...

So there is absolutely nothing I can do to make these brighter??? Like at all? Cant add more LEDs or anything.. I like the ring,I Just want it brighter!
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

You can buy these http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=103 but you will have to open your headlight to swamp out. There's also a guy on there forums that supposedly make good ones any color you want. Gearbox might know what iam talking about. But apart from that, are the headlight giving good light? You could just retrofit a nice projector and add the halo rings. Just read the forums there is alot of info there.
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

But what size would i get?? I dunno the size of the halo ring on those lights heh.. And i would have to take it apart and remove the old rings? Would these newer ones mount in place of the ones i take off?
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
You can buy these http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=103 but you will have to open your headlight to swamp out. There's also a guy on there forums that supposedly make good ones any color you want. Gearbox might know what iam talking about. But apart from that, are the headlight giving good light? You could just retrofit a nice projector and add the halo rings. Just read the forums there is alot of info there.

Yepp the light output is great!
Except the Rings >.<
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Iam not sure what size but you should try to measure a get a in the ball park number. They sell so type of adhesive for them. Compare your light out put to this one http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...output-shots!!
Old 06-18-2011
Premium Member

you would have to open up the headlights and measure whats in there already. then use fishing line to secure the new rings since there are already a few holes behind the stock ring.
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

similar problem, one of my halo rings went out (of my 4) and I have replacement bulbs that they sent me, but I haven't the slightest clue how to put them in! will I have to bake the headlight unit? or what?
Old 06-19-2011
Premium Member

either oven bake or heat gun around the edges.