7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What would do my civic justice??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011
Foh Doh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point
What would do my civic justice??

Here is the 2001 Honda Civic LX that i just got this past weekend. I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with it. Give me some suggestions on what you think will do it justice.

Last edited by CivicStan; 05-19-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all
Re: What would do my civic justice??

im gonna vote for some tint and a spoiler. not a crazy spoiler, just one you can get from honda (matching your car color)..

i would definetly read through this forum though.. you will get tips and advice about things you could do that you wont believe. i have so many ideas runnin around now that i dont know what to do with em all! lol..

but for a start, that is what i would do first.. nice car too btw.. i like the green color
Old 05-19-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Lower it, get some nice rims, tint the windows, stereo upgrades I'd pretty well stop there. Car looks great.
Old 05-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

rims? i never liked those hubcabs lol
Old 05-19-2011
Foh Doh!

Originally Posted by civicchick2001
im gonna vote for some tint and a spoiler. not a crazy spoiler, just one you can get from honda (matching your car color)..

i would definetly read through this forum though.. you will get tips and advice about things you could do that you wont believe. i have so many ideas runnin around now that i dont know what to do with em all! lol..

but for a start, that is what i would do first.. nice car too btw.. i like the green color
thanks civicchick..i appreciate it...yeah i guess a tint and spoiler could help it out...i'm gonna try and stay away from those spoilers i see driving down the road that look like something on an RC car...hahahaha
Old 05-19-2011
Foh Doh!

Originally Posted by gearbox
rims? i never liked those hubcabs lol

those things are mad ugly I think..its probably gonna be one of the first things I get. that and maybe lowering it. not to much though i don't like that "my wheels have about 5mm of clearance to turn" look.
Old 05-19-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CivicStan
thanks civicchick..i appreciate it...yeah i guess a tint and spoiler could help it out...i'm gonna try and stay away from those spoilers i see driving down the road that look like something on an RC car...hahahaha
lol yeah.. i know what ya mean.. some cars can pull em off.. a very select few, but for civics, i'd stay clean and just get the kind made for it. i still wanna get one for my car. i hate having that look of "its missin somethin".. and i think, for me, a spoiler would definetly help that. well, that and rims. slowly but surely i'll get her what she needs.. and she's gonna look SO good
Old 05-19-2011
Foh Doh!

I think what i'm gonna do today since I got off work early is go look at some cd players...I need the expirience on hooking up aftermarket electronics like that so i'm gonna go check some out
Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

There's so much you could do to it. I'm with everyone else, tint and spoiler first you can lower then add rims, or vice versa because those hubs are pretty bad lol :P Fit a new stereo in there somewhere and possibly new speakers
Old 05-19-2011
Foh Doh!

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
There's so much you could do to it. I'm with everyone else, tint and spoiler first you can lower then add rims, or vice versa because those hubs are pretty bad lol :P Fit a new stereo in there somewhere and possibly new speakers

I already got a cd player still in the box that my girlfriend never used nothing fancy its the Pioneer 1300MP..its just darn hard to find a installation mount for a 2001 civic...i go to all these stores and its mostly for hondas of the generation before ours.

But besides the audio i'm with everyone else as well a tint and spoiler will be in the works.
Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

imo get the oem spoiler cause aftermarket spoilers rarely ever look nice on civics
Old 05-20-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

TINT. best investment possible especially if u live were its hot. but from the looks of ur pic and location it doesn't look to hot. still. i hate the summer heat and tint does actually help some.
Old 05-20-2011
CivicChick2001

if ur gonna be doin any upgrading in the audio department.. 2 12" subs in a box fit perfectly in the trunk. just a friendly FYI.
Old 05-20-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I just got one thing to ask: what do you want your car to look like. We'll see pictures, sure, but you're the one that has to drive it on a daily basis. Mod it to make it your own. If people hate, f*** 'em
Old 05-20-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I just got one thing to ask: what do you want your car to look like. We'll see pictures, sure, but you're the one that has to drive it on a daily basis. Mod it to make it your own. If people hate, f*** 'em
agreed
Old 05-20-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

p.s. two 12's in a civic? a bit overkill, I think.. hahaha

p.p.s. just noticed the "go sounders fc" on one of your license plates.. lol. I'll give you that one. They were pretty good when I was stationed up there.
Old 05-20-2011
Foh Doh!

p.p.s. just noticed the "go sounders fc" on one of your license plates.. lol. I'll give you that one. They were pretty good when I was stationed up there.
oh yeah. can't go wrong with the sounders..
Old 05-20-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

put a civicforums.com decal on it.
Old 05-20-2011
CivicChick2001

it was a good deal. and i said "sure, what the hell" lol.. i like it LoUd anyways
Old 05-20-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

+1 on a civicforums.com decal
Old 05-20-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

^ Lol @ civicforum decals

Gotta agree with Riceboy though, do what you like !
Old 05-20-2011
Foh Doh!

Originally Posted by iSharix
^ Lol @ civicforum decals

Gotta agree with Riceboy though, do what you like !
yeah i'm ultimately going to do what I want to it..but this is morso for suggestions..something ot get my mind going
Old 05-20-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Better yet, tell us the look you're going for, what kinda things you can envision on your car. Then we'll hook you up with suggestions and good places to find 'em
Old 05-20-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

CivicForums decal doesn't sound like much, but it really does add a very nice touch to the car! I love the added look on my car, was so not expecting it before I put it on, but now that its on there it's pretty awesome
Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

c4zper is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have an 01 lx, black. I just tinted my windows to 30%. I used to have 2 12" subs in the back. It took like 3/4 of the trunk space though.
Old 05-31-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by c4zper
I also have an 01 lx, black. I just tinted my windows to 30%. I used to have 2 12" subs in the back. It took like 3/4 of the trunk space though.
do you have a sedan? or coupe? my subs in the box fit nice and snug up against the back seats of mine (which is an ex sedan). leaves me the whole front part of the trunk wide open. dunno if the lx models are different tho..

i love mine though, even if they did take up the whole trunk, they can have it! lol
Old 06-01-2011
Registered!!

dnice3525 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to agree with wheels and tint. I like 16's but I wouldn't go any larger then 17's. I would definately look into about a 1.5" drop. One thing that gets overlooked but gives you an awesome feeling and makes your car look nice is getting it professionally detailed inside and out. Just getting all that dirt and crud out of every little crack and crevice and making the paint sparkle gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Old 06-01-2011
Registered!!

c4zper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by civicchick2001
do you have a sedan? or coupe? my subs in the box fit nice and snug up against the back seats of mine (which is an ex sedan). leaves me the whole front part of the trunk wide open. dunno if the lx models are different tho..

i love mine though, even if they did take up the whole trunk, they can have it! lol
I have a sedan. i think that it's the same with the space. I was actually looking for custom fittings for the subs so that i would get more trunk room, but it wasn't worth it.
Old 06-06-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

throw some 22s on that bitch!!

http://www.cargods.com/wp-content/up...vic-Donk-1.jpg