7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Philips Xtreme Vision 100%(Calling out Gearbox!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pheet is on a distinguished road
Angry Philips Xtreme Vision 100%(Calling out Gearbox!!)

So heres the deal. I just got my new headlight bulbs(xtreme vision 100%) and my questions is why are they so freaking yellow?! I thought they were supposed to be white?! I just paid like 40 bucks for these from powerbulbs.com and yeah, they are yellow. Can anyone explain to me as to why they are yellow? PS Im using ebay headlights housing if that helps the case. Thanks guys!
Old 02-14-2011
Registered!!

floyd107 is on a distinguished road
Re: Philips Xtreme Vision 100%(Calling out Gearbox!!)

what k are they because white is like 45-5k yellow is like 3k check and see if you got the rite bulbs
Old 02-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I believe you'll find some answers in this thread.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...lled-over.html
Old 02-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive actually never tried the XV bulbs so cant comment on the color. the older XP bulbs were tons whiter than stock and way brighter too even without having any coating. my only guess is they changed something on the newer version that gave more of a stock color and more brightness. any pics?
Old 02-15-2011
Registered!!

Pheet is on a distinguished road

I dont know how or why but, the lights are like ultra white on the pictures. In person, they look like somewhat brighter than stock lights, nothing great really. And yes, I need to aim my headlights. maybe thatll help? I havent aimed them since I got them off of ebay. anyways here are some pics.
Again, dont be fooled by these pictures. They are much more dull and yellow in person.
I wish they were like the pictures below
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0717.JPG
Views:	688
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	80238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0718.JPG
Views:	572
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	80239   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0719.JPG
Views:	830
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	80240  

Last edited by Pheet; 02-15-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old 02-15-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, pics look really nice. But you're saying they look different in person so i'm lost.
Old 02-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

hmm maybe its you cuzz i see white light ?. but dam those give off more glare then my DDM hids.
Old 02-15-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

pics are overexposed and its raining. try and aim them on a flat surface because if they are too high or too low you wont be able to see anything on the road. left side cutoff should have a 2 inch drop at 25 ft.