7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Honda Civic Si 2002 $2000 to mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duckfeet24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Honda Civic Si 2002 $2000 to mod

Well i just got a 2002 si hatchback and i got $2000 to mod and i want to put in a turbo kit i saw some on ebay for cheap, but not sure about them and i want the most bang for my buck. ^_^
Old 03-28-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honda Civic Si 2002 $2000 to mod

lol, you get what you pay for. don't buy stuff off ebay. coilovers are probably best. turbo's are quite expensive especially when you don't really have much of a clue about them.
Old 03-28-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

start off small and do everything the right way the first time.. you'll save a **** ton of money in the long run..

you can get a nice set of coilovers for that price.. or even a decent set for closer to a grand and get some decent rims and tires to go with that (that might push your budget out by a few hundred bucks unless you find some good deals)

either that or save that money til you can do the turbo right..
Old 03-29-2010
Registered!!

duckfeet24 is an unknown quantity at this point

The ones on ebay look nice t3/t4 turbo charger it seems okay supports up to 485 hp but tell me if have one and what u think of them

heres a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...#ht_4129wt_941

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...#ht_4562wt_941

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/485hp...#ht_4630wt_941
Old 03-30-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

even still, with those you'd have to upgrade your fuel delivery (injectors, maybe pump..), get some sort of fuel management (AEM EMS, K-Pro, which can run you $1500 in itself) and worry about a proper tune (dyno costs, ballpark about $100 per hour) so you don't **** up your car. But, if you decide to roll with that and not worry about fuel management, by all means..

Trust me, I tried the cheap route with turbo, buying a used turbo kit off these forums, using a piggy back fuel manangement system, only upgraded the fuel injectors, and I still have mechanical issues stemming from that.. So much that I bought another engine to drop in, just trying to find a good tranny to mate up with it..

AND with eBay, you really get what you pay for..
Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Shocks, Springs, Rims and Tires, Intake, Header, Kpro and a Tune In that order. You will look good, run strong, and be reliable.
Old 03-30-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooooooooooo don't ruin a K20 with ebay crap.
Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

LuckyBoy is a jewel in the roughLuckyBoy is a jewel in the roughLuckyBoy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by duckfeet24
The ones on ebay look nice t3/t4 turbo charger it seems okay supports up to 485 hp but tell me if have one and what u think of them
I agree with the others. I spent a year researching turbo and engine swap options for my EM2 that I just traded in. The truth is, you will not be happy with any forced induction setup that you "complete" for $2000. Sure, you'll be able to say you're boosted (bragging rights, cool BOV sound-effects, etc)...for a few weeks at the most.

You don't want to be one of those guys who spouts, "oh man, my car could totally beat yours...but I blew the motor." (We have a lot of these guys around here.) I've talked to lots of guys that had bolt-on turbo kits...some of them even very good name-brand stuff, and they ALL sacrificed reliability and/or their entire motor to have it. What I learned in the long run is that you have to do it right, or don't do it at all.

I just got my EP3 last week and I'm very happy. I'm not even considering FI in the near future. You should look into bolt-ons and some basic NA tuning. I've seen some good numbers with things like Hondata and cams (and your big three of course...intake, header,exhaust.) You can do a lot with 230 horses...450 is far more than you should need for the street.

Don't neglect chassis tuning. Raw HP is for bench-racing (kind of like playing Pokemon with dyno sheets). Performance in a street car should be a factor of acceleration, braking, and cornering. Make the car lighter, stiffen up the chassis, reduce body roll and lower the center of gravity. Balance the weight in your corners. Get good brake pads, good motor oil, brake fluid and gearbox lube, new bushings where needed.

Of course, all of my advice is coming from someone who got bored with drag racing ten years ago. If you just want something that goes fast in a straight line, so be it.