7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Question for Gearbox about the Motor Mount Incerts

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
batman900 will become famous soon enough
Question for Gearbox about the Motor Mount Incerts

I know I know hes popular.

So I followed your instructions and got them on, hardest part was breaking the bolts lose. But man when the car is at idle with AC on it vibrates hardcore!! It makes my cds in my dash bounce up and down even just like when I had the ingalls set to super stiff. I checked other mounts and they look good, the front mount was still good to.

So my question is can I just put one side of the incerts on? I only did the front mount btw and made it a sandwhich just like u said and used the correct ones that came. but what if I took a side off would it help with vibration while still making the engine a bit more stiff???

TY
Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question for Gearbox about the Motor Mount Incerts

Leave the back one out. Only install the front inserts if all of your mounts are in good condition.
Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

I did, I only did the front mount.
Old 07-19-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you must use both inserts for the front mount. just keep driving it and over time the vibration will start to go away. i dont use ac but the one time i tried it there wasnt that much vibe. i can barely notice anything with the ac off. i have an auto trans so its possible the trans is absorbing the impact more. you have manual right? if its really an issue for you, just shift the car to neutral while youre stopped and you should not feel any vibrations.
Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

Alrighty ill try to wait for it to break in then. Ya I have the manual, while the car is above 1500rpm I dont feel anything, and at a stop with the AC off the vibration is there but not bad, however at a stop with the AC on it vibrates so hard my steering wheel rattles, cds bounce, and I got out to look and listen and my muffler was shaking around to, looked kinda funny.

Im praying it will break in like the front end bushings finally did because this is just as unbearable as the stiffy was. This is my last day at my parents to so I wont have the tools to take it off after today :P
Old 07-19-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hmm yeah it should get better over time, there is no way the front inserts are the same as stiffy lol. that thing drove me crazy and i was pulling my hair out after a few minutes of driving. 10+ min drives gave me a headache. but with the inserts i have gone for drives and forgot they were even there. it could be a manual trans thing making it worse but idk. mine is almost like stock. i wish they stayed a bit firmer like the first day cause i kinda liked the noises lol.

was your stock mount torn on one side? mine was but i didnt wanna get new one so i just put the inserts in and hoped for the best. its possible mine has a bit more play being partly broken.
Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

Naw the mount looked good no breaks, these do work better than the stiffy and my shifts are actually easyier to make now. Just hate the low rpm stops. va va va vibration lol. Ill give it time tho, you were right with the front end bushings they got a lot better and dont make as much noise anymore.
Old 07-20-2009
Registered!!

I think I found a fix, while at a stop with the car in neutral I have tested where it beings to stop shaking as the rpms go up. It looks like about 1300 1400 ish and it gets back to normal so I think im going to adjust my idle to that point. Where is the screw located to adjust it? All I have to do is turn it until the idle is where I want correct ?
Old 07-20-2009
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Do not adjust idle
Old 07-20-2009
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

idle is set by the ecu
Old 07-20-2009
Premium Member

x2. very bad idea ive tried before and had to get a new throttle body cause i couldnt put the screw back to where it was. and you will throw a check engine light. the shaking is not a problem caused by low rpm, its a physical vibration from normal engine operation. and when you turn the ac on, the rpm adjusts and is raised a bit by the ecu. trust me you do not want a hi idle it will cause all sorts of problems.

have you tried just leaving it in neutral once you come to a stop? im sure that would solve all your problems.
Old 07-20-2009
Banned

no it wont Steve, the problem is actually the idle itsself, if u rev in neutral it goes away, but i had this problem in my wifes car, so i took the rears out and problem went away, use just fronts and vibration should lessen considerably. in my car i run the stiffy(full stiff) and inserts with stage 1 clutch, kpro and turbo, and i have no vibration at idle...
Old 07-20-2009
Premium Member

maybe its my auto trans absorbing it. when i shift to neutral, any slight bit of vibration disappears. and even in drive its very hard to notice. only with the ac on will a normal person figure out somethings different lol. how do you not have any vibration with stiffy? i had crazy shakes even on softest setting.
Old 07-20-2009
Banned

everything is solid, i dunno but i love it
Old 07-21-2009
Registered!!

Well thats dissapointing, sigh... Oh well guess, just pray it will brake in A LOT.
Old 07-21-2009
Premium Member

lol you can spray some silicone grease around it if you want.