7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

7th Gen halo headlights help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gumdrop is an unknown quantity at this point
7th Gen halo headlights help

I am thinking about buying the dual projector halo headlights off of ebay for around 115$ with shipping, and i have some questions on them

(here is the link) :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...ayphotohosting

since they are halo lights that means i have too hook up the halo ("angel eyes") to my parking lights correct? or any other switch i want, but id rather do parking...also do they come with headlight bulb or is it just the halo and i have to buy my own headlight bulbs and install them.... would they be a good buy? regular new black/smoked headlights run from 150-250 a pair and these are 115 a pair brand new and with halo, it is ebay so its cheap but is it worth it...i really like the look of them....any suggestions/comments/complaints/or ideas?
Old 09-08-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 7th Gen halo headlights help

i think they come with all the bulbs and if it doesnt, the stock ones will work in them. should be all plug and play. halo wires you can hook to any power source like parking light yes. theyre not too bright anyway
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

yeah i've heard some crap about halo lights, i think im just gonna stick to getting these

http://www.kingsource.com/hd-jh-hc01-sm.html

supposively on the ebay ones, the halo lights go out in a couple months, ive also heard of fogging and turning yellow so ill stick to those...they are like my OEM ones but just smoked
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

just so you know, those ones will probably do the same when it comes to leaking or allowing moisture inside. they are all like that. thats why they are sold for so cheap, they dont put in quality. unless youre buying a nice set of head or tail lights or going with stocks, make sure you completely cover their seal with your own silicone to prevent moisture or water from getting inside. if you dont, it will happen to these ones as well. its not just the projectors that it happens to.
Old 09-08-2008
Registered!!

ahailey will become famous soon enough

i bought black halo projectors off of ebay a few months back and i love them. still need to buy silverstar bulbs to put in them, but they are great looking anyway. those look to be about the exact same as i bought except mine have a clear corner lens and they did come with the low and high beam light bulbs but you will have to use the parking and blinker lights from your stock ones. the halos, i just hooked them up to my parking lights and it looks pretty cool. (wish they were white tho instead of blue) Haven't had any signs of leakage or yellowing and we've had quite a bit of rain here lately. here's a pic of mine installed..
Old 09-09-2008
Registered!!

chavalo89 is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY
I just bought some off ebay for $100 shipped, but i wanna make sure i know how to wire them before installing them.
Does anyone have some diagram on setting them up?
Do i wire the angel eyes into the parkers?
Old 09-09-2008
Registered!!

ahailey they look good, did you install them yourself? also....unTuned mentioned putting some silicon on em...did you have to do that ahailey? or did yours just stay clear and not fog up from moisture

i like the halos but i also like the smoked headlights i showed, which is the 2nd link in the thread....i cant decide, halos (ricey but look good) smoke (darker than halos)

my car is white so i want to accent the black, i just bought Blk ABS Plastic grille, getting 17'' gunmetal blk or just blk rims soon, darker tint, and blk housing taillights, hmmm cant decide between halo and the smoked stock ones
Old 09-09-2008
Registered!!

ahailey will become famous soon enough

didn't use any silicone or anything, just installed them myself the day i got them in and haven't had any problems with fogging or anything yet, they still look as good as they day i put them on. i think they're really good quality for the price i paid (116.00 shipped).
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

well, just a heads up to all of you guys....this was what happened with my tail lights. it took about 3 or 4 months before i noticed the first bit of leakage. they seemed perfectly fine before that and i didnt see any water, moisture, fog, or anything at all inside, then just one day it was there. in the first few months that i had them, it rained, snowed, frosted, and had all sorts of different combinations of weather, like rainy days straight to sun causing steam...and still they had no leaks or anything. one day i came out of work and looked and one was filled with moisture.

even if you dont think it will happen, it probably eventually will....and if it doesnt, youre one of the lucky very few. it takes 1/4 of a tube of silicone that costs about $3.00 and about 15 minutes of your time to get a nice seal on them. you just have to wait a few hours or a night and install them the next day. at least that way you definitely have the reassurance it wont happen. its easier to seal them before putting them in, than it is to put them in, get moisture, get mad and remove them, reseal them, and reinstall them again...then HOPE that you dont have to do it over again and again because you keep missing that little air leak.
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by unTuned
well, just a heads up to all of you guys....this was what happened with my tail lights. it took about 3 or 4 months before i noticed the first bit of leakage. they seemed perfectly fine before that and i didnt see any water, moisture...........
so if i were to buy these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...ayphotohosting

would i still have to put some silicon on there? most likely me n my dad will put some on there anyways, but im just wondering if any1 has had any expereince with those smoked crystal headlights
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

Geoo is an unknown quantity at this point

my projector headlights where good for about a month....then one day i noticed water in dem...and know it just keeps getting worse, i suggest u re sealem to b safe
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

yeah after all this about not being sealed good enough ill deff. reseal and make it perfecto hah, stupid ebay sellers cant seal their lights good nuff =D but thanks for all the help guys...any more suggestions lemme know
Old 09-10-2008
Registered!!

yes you should definitely seal them again with silicone. you have to understand that these guys manufacture these things without that much care. thats why you can get them for that price. the seals they also use are typically this type of plastic grout sort of crap that doesnt hold a seal all that well.

if these were actual honda lights like the ones on your car now, they would be sealed great and youd have no problem. honda uses that type of black rubbery tar type seal that sticks together like gum.
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

ive never really sealed headlights before, it seems easy but is there any like simple DIYs or tips or anything i could use to do it correctly
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

its a lot easier than youll expect.

basically your headlight will be pressed together (back and front side) and will have a seam going all the way around. you want to fill that entire seam going all the way around with silicone. once youve done that, you can run your finger along it so youre basically pressing it down and inward into that seam just to make sure youve filled it right up. if you want, go around the entire thing again (like i did) with another bead of silicone since the last bead should be pretty much flat from you pressing it inbetween. you shouldnt be too concerned with how it all looks because the left, right, and bottom side of the headlight are all hidden inside of your bumper, and you can only see the top of it when your hood is open...so even if you do a job that isnt all that neat...you still wont ever really see it. dont be cheap with how much you use, the more the merrier.
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

so do i have to take apart my headlight itself or i can just put the silicon around the outer edges without pulling apart the front and back
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

yep, exactly. dont take anything apart. just fill that seam that you see where the back and front part meet together. once youve put it over that entire seam going all the way around, press some inside of there with your finger or something just to make sure it gets anywhere they didnt get their seal good. once i was done that, i put another coat above that going all the way around that i left sort of 'bulged out' slightly if you will. leave it all like that for no less than a night, then install them the next day.
Old 09-13-2008
Registered!!

thanks so much for ur help man, when they come in the mail ill let u know how it goes
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

youre welcome

right on.
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

i have another question, this one is about xenon bulbs...i found some on ebay that added up to be around 10-20 dollars

here is one that i found

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-Xe...spagenameZWDVW

are these realiable, brighter than my stock ones? (which are pretty bright) and a good buy?
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

first of all, what you see in that displayed picture with that car is not the bulbs you will be getting. theyre showing a picture of a vehicle with a full HID conversion kit.

the bulbs you will be getting are the ones in that picture below. they are made of xenon which burns brighter than halogen (stock). you also have to keep in mind that for the amount that they actually burn brighter, it doesnt generally mean that they will be brighter with their actual light output, because they have a blue tint on the glass itself.

imagine shining a light through a piece of glass, and comparing that to shining a slightly brighter light through a piece of tinted glass. in the end you will get about the same amount of light output. same idea for these bulbs compared to your stock ones.

the only real difference is the colour you will get. these blue tinted ones will light up as a bright white, whereas your stocks are pretty much yellow. these are more for a bit of style when it comes to the colour of your lights than anything.
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

thanks, do u think they are worth it to buy?
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

like i was saying...they wont do much for anything except changing the colour of your headlights. it wont be much brighter, so its up to you. if you want some real brightness to your headlights, you should look into getting an actual HID kit instead. you can get them starting at around $100. before i got my hid kit, i had a set of these in my car because i personally hate the yellow colour, so to me it was worth the $20.
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

k what about the sylvania silverstar bulbs? 9003SU Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA....i hear they are pretty bright for their 40-60 dollar value, do u know about them?
Old 09-14-2008
Registered!!

ive tried literally all of the high end bulbs on the market for our cars, and the silverstar ultras in my opinion are by far the absolute best bulbs on the market if youre going to stick with a halogen bulb system. they are super white, super clear, and extremely bright. unless youre going to convert to an hid kit, these are definitely the bulbs to buy. they are a bit more expensive, but once you have them in youll see why theyre worth it.
Old 09-15-2008
Registered!!

k thanks, if im not mistaken they do run from 40-60$ at autozone or discount auto, correct?
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

blk2k8civicsi is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the silverstar bulbs on my 08 and they looked really good versus stock, i picked them up for 50 bucks from auto zone. However i installed my 8000k hid conv kit today, took about 30 minutes and i will never go back to halogen again. but if your staying stock silverstar is the way to go, but for another 50-100 you can upgrade to hid and you wont be dissapointed
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

if you really like the stock system, and you prefer halogen bulbs, the ultras are definitely the ones to go with, and yes theyre around 50ish for a set. ultra clear light, super white, and super bright. everything looks excellent at night.

what hes saying is pretty much what i was getting at earlier. for starting around 100$, depending on the kit you get...(i paid 150$ for mine), you can get a full hid conversion kit. with it you can pick the colour of your light as well. i am in the same boat though, and i wont ever go back to a regular system now that ive had an hid kit for almost 3 years.
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

oh and by the way...before i forget to tell you...

im assuming youre going to be installing these halo headlights. if they are just headlights with halos, you should be fine with using the same type of 9003, hb2 or h4 bulb because they will still take the original type of bulb. if they are projector lights though, be sure that you pick out the type of bulb that the actual projector takes...because you will no longer be using a single bulb system, you will probably now have a bulb for evening lights and another bulb for hi/low beam.
Old 09-17-2008
Registered!!

okay thanks for all the help guys, ill be sure to buy the silverstar ultras....no im not doing halo headlights im just doing these OEM smoked ones i found...

heres a pic of them

Quick Reply: 7th Gen halo headlights help