8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

8th Gen Civic--What's your experience???

Old 02-23-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
8th Gen Civic--What's your experience???

I'm just curious to see how many miles you all have and what kind of reliablity you've all experienced with these newer Civics. I'm just curious if we can expect the same Honda reliability we've all seen in older models and other models such as Accords. I'll start: Mine's a 08 EX Auto Coupe. 7k miles no real problems knock on wood. 32mpg so far in mixed city/hwy-mostly highway. It's a commuter car which gets about 100+ miles a day to and from work, so I'll know real quick how reliable it will be.

P.S. I had a 07 EX auto Coupe which my wife got rearended at 20k miles and it was reliable as well but we traded for another right after the body shop.
Old 02-23-2009
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 8th Gen Civic--What's your experience???

07 Si sedan. I've got almost 25k on it with no problems except for the third gear non-sense. Other then that I've just changed the oil and added windshield washer fluid and away I went.

Somebody over on 8thcivic.com has over 200,000 miles, so I'm crossing my fingers.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...ng-strong.html
Old 02-25-2009
Registered!!

DWManiac is an unknown quantity at this point

11K miles, No problems. It gets alot better mileage than my 3000GT and doesn't even weigh near as much as that TANK!!!! It's a HONDA Dude!! Plain and Simple!
(Thank God my oil leaks, Compressor and transmission problems are over!! 3000GT JUNK! )
Old 02-25-2009
Registered!!

Johnny Galan is an unknown quantity at this point

I know its really pointless but i have an 09 coupe and it has 6k miles runs perfect!
Old 02-27-2009
Registered!!

jae510 is an unknown quantity at this point

got a 09 SI just 880 miles on it, amazing car...a lot of people that have the same car say they here a sqeeking sound coming out the front left side, but so far i haven't heard any from mine.
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

I did hear something about cabin road noise being a little louder than usual and do agree in my comparison of a '05 Accord Hybrid / 91 S-10 it is a little loud. I wonder if there's not as much insulation or maybe the factory tires are picking up that road vibration (Roar) ???? I don't gripe and am satisfied and I know it's NOT a 40K car....
Old 03-05-2009
Registered!!

ali369 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just bought a 2009 coupe si taffeta white lemme know what u think of the car and if i made a good decision thanks
Old 03-06-2009
Registered!!

do you have pics?
Old 03-06-2009
Registered!!

ali369 is an unknown quantity at this point

go on my profile
Old 03-06-2009
Registered!!

nice! i like the color.
Old 03-06-2009
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 08 EXL w/13.900 miles on it and besides the usual oil change nothing to report, although I'll never buy a black car again. A real PIA to keep clean.
Old 03-08-2009
Registered!!

cobdonia is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 8th Gen Civic--What's your experience???

2006 LX 5sp 102,000 highway miles. No major issues. 3rd set of tires. 2nd batttery. 2nd set of headlights and wiper blades. Pass side low beam PITA to replace. Turn wheels all the way to the left and go in through splash skirt on wheel well.

No dealer maint done on this. I can't afford it. (Jerks wanted 75 bucks to replace headlight and 2 license plate lights.) HAHAHAHA! Only oil changes when indicator tells me it's time. Timing chain due, but I will have to wait until summer. Still on factory fuel filter and PCV valve. Great car. Road noise sucks. I push it hard into corners and rip through gears. Buried it in the mud once. Lost a mirror to a hen turkey at 70mph. Pulling the doorskin to replace was tricky.
Old 03-09-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cobdonia
2006 LX 5sp 102,000 highway miles. No major issues. 3rd set of tires. 2nd batttery. 2nd set of headlights and wiper blades. Pass side low beam PITA to replace. Turn wheels all the way to the left and go in through splash skirt on wheel well.

No dealer maint done on this. I can't afford it. (Jerks wanted 75 bucks to replace headlight and 2 license plate lights.) HAHAHAHA! Only oil changes when indicator tells me it's time. Timing chain due, but I will have to wait until summer. Still on factory fuel filter and PCV valve. Great car. Road noise sucks. I push it hard into corners and rip through gears. Buried it in the mud once. Lost a mirror to a hen turkey at 70mph. Pulling the doorskin to replace was tricky.
Cool, I'll probably have 100k miles by the time mine is 3 years old too. I now have 8k and the only issue so far is what sounds like a loose heat shield causing a vibration type rattle from underneath the car for the first 30 seconds after a cold start. I think it's an exhaust heat shield, but I haven't taken it in because I'm sure the goons at the dealership won't be able to "duplicate" the problem so I haven't taken it in. I would have to leave it overnight and I'm sure that by the time they pull it into a service bay the noise will be gone.
Old 03-11-2009
Registered!!

cobdonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to mention that I got the unpopular shoreline mist color. There is nothing like a 4 door beige economy sedan with a booster seat in the back that attracts the bikini-clad hotties. I gots my pimp juice flowin! The heat shield on my 96 was loose too. On this one there's no way you can get underneath it. Next time you take it to a quick lube place, see if they will let you go into the pit to look at it. Local guys used to let me do that.
Old 03-11-2009
Registered!!

This morning when it was making the noise, I discovered it's not a heat shield. I put it in reverse and when it was making the noise I pulled the e brake, ran out opened the hood and discovered it's coming from the engine-RH side where the pulleys and timing belt likely is. It seems to be coming from within the engine. I'll probably take it in soon before it get's warm and it stops doing it. I hope it's nothing major. Has anyone ever heard an engine noise? Thanks...Matt
Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

This guy at work had an '06 and was telling me there was a recall on the pulley Tensioner. he said he didn't know about the recall and it froze and came apart.
another problem he had was his idle would bump down from 750 to 500 and run real rough I guess all that ended when they found the (chocolate milk in the oil - Cracked cylinder wall port) @ 36K Miles he got a new engine and claims all is well now.

I haven't had ANY problems with my '08 and hearing this I though"WTF? Honda's NEVER have problems" but I guess there's always that 1/5000 that is a junker? So far so good my '08 is a cream puff...... she just needs some goodies and I need some bail out $$$ to buy them!! "Hey Mr. Prez can U send me sum $$$$?"
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its just luck. no car will be exactly the same as the next. who knows what happened at the factory some guy mightve been sleeping when the car came by and is missing a part lol
Old 03-17-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its just luck. no car will be exactly the same as the next. who knows what happened at the factory some guy mightve been sleeping when the car came by and is missing a part lol
Old 03-17-2009
Registered!!

I finally talked to the service writer and he told me not to worry about it unless it get's worse. I'm almost 100% sure they won't be able to reproduce the issue. By the time they drive it into a service bay it will be gone. It's a 30 second noise. I'll just keep an eye on it.
Old 04-02-2010
Registered!!

t-qasem is an unknown quantity at this point

am having the same problem (same rattle noise when cold start ) with my 2007 lx (69000 km)
if any one know anything about this niose plz tell us
Old 04-02-2010
Registered!!

t-qasem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krazymatt
I finally talked to the service writer and he told me not to worry about it unless it get's worse. I'm almost 100% sure they won't be able to reproduce the issue. By the time they drive it into a service bay it will be gone. It's a 30 second noise. I'll just keep an eye on it.
am having the same noise
Old 04-02-2010
Registered!!

ninjadog is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a 2010 DX-G at 2,000 km's. So far so good. I think it's a pretty fun car to drive, has good pep, very comfy. And really good on gas as long as your not driving it like a race car. My only complaint so far is the windshield wipers suck.
Old 04-03-2010
Registered!!

batman900 will become famous soon enough

2010 EX-L with 800 miles so far. I love the car and all the luxury for 22k after TT&L but the cold start problem is BS !!!!! Ive tried turning the key then waiting for the fuel pump to prime, turning off all electronics ect ect. But still 50% of the time I gotta try turning it over atleast twice to get it to choak to a start. No point taking to dealer because it will only do it after sitting for hours and even then its a maybe if it will happen.
Old 04-05-2010
Registered!!

cinghoa is an unknown quantity at this point

2010 Ex sedan with 1300 miles. Mileage is about the same as my Rabbit, not that great, 25mpg. Started hearing a sound that reminds me of my CV joint in my Impreza going out. Really hope I'm not going to be dealing with that malarkey, if so, my brother might be searching the midwest for another manual sedan to trade. Some rattles in the cabin, and the road noise is more noticeable than some other cars.
If things on the newer models are not improved in 3 years and my brother isn't selling these things, I'll most likely be looking at something other than honda.
Old 05-01-2010
Registered!!

Botman is an unknown quantity at this point

2009 Civic EX Coupe with 4,200 miles. Zero problems so far except for an occasional interior rattle that seems to be coming from passenger side but have no idea exactly where. Mostly highway driving, 55-70 mph, and consistently getting 34 to 35.5 MPG.
Old 05-01-2010
Registered!!

albushjr is an unknown quantity at this point

I got 49,965 miles on my 07 Si. No major issues. Clutch clicks 3/4 the way down. Still loves to Vtec.
Old 05-22-2010
Registered!!

svtleen should not be trusted

I got an 09 Si with 7500K miles and have front suspension noise at slow speed and now I've developed an intermittent scratching rubbing (like 2 sand paper rubbing against each other) of the clutch pedal. I took it to Escondido dealer and they could not replicate my scratch/rub. So i took it home today and it seems fine but driving home tonight I feel the scratch/rub again. Dam it!
Old 05-24-2010
Registered!!

Neostegmine is an unknown quantity at this point

2006 65k miles.
bougth it used 2 month ago. nice car. lol
Old 06-07-2010
Registered!!

cinghoa is an unknown quantity at this point

So, I was able to experience the car with A/C on this weekend. Wow, if I didn't rev to about 2000 RPM on a little incline, it nearly died. Decided to go without, the air wasn't cool enough to justify the stress to the engine, but the Rabbit's A/C was pretty weak also.
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

06simn is an unknown quantity at this point

06 civic si had a driver side visor fixed under warranty at 10000 miles love the car no problems until 3 days ago paint cracking on hood and fenders only 32000 miles on it stored winters hoping for help from honda

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 8th Gen Civic--What's your experience???