8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2.2 i-ctdi reliability

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogdan Mihai is an unknown quantity at this point
2.2 i-ctdi reliability

Hello guys,

Is ok to run with honda civic 2.2 in 5th or 6th gear at 2000 rpm constantly to a long road ? It is possible that turbo or something else to be damaged ?

Thank you
Old 03-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2.2 i-ctdi reliability

Yes it is designed to be driven as far as you would like to travel.
Old 03-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogdan Mihai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Yes it is designed to be driven as far as you would like to travel.
Yes i know , but my question was if is ok to keep the engine at 2000 rmp
Old 03-02-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bogdan Mihai
Hello guys,

Is ok to run with honda civic 2.2 in 5th or 6th gear at 2000 rpm constantly to a long road ? It is possible that turbo or something else to be damaged ?

Thank you
If you want you can take frequent breaks. Personally I don't like running more than a couple minutes at a time. Of course I am NOT a car. Cars are supposed to be driven, they were even designed to be driven. Sometimes I find it surprising that cars can drive for hours on end for hundreds of miles until they run out of fuel.
Old 03-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Over on this side of the pond, we might be able to travel at a constant speed for 300-500 US miles (800km?) before needing to refuel, depending on tank capacity and fuel efficiency.

Don't ignore potty breaks.