8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

VIN location civic 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redviper is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb VIN location civic 2015

Hi guys

I just got a nice offer for a
Civic 2015 Civic 2015
hatchback and i`m think about buying it, but i`m suspecting about the price and as i don't know the guy who`s selling i want to make sure it is not stolen or something like that. I checked the VIN number on the doors and it was ok but i know there`s some other locations but don't know exactly where. (I already now the one in the windscreen)

Any of you know where the others are so i can check properly before buying it?

Thank you very much.
Old 12-05-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: VIN location civic 2015

Thinking of USA cars here, I assume yours will be similar:

http://accuratecars.com/blog/2010/01/15/honda-and-acura-used-car-buying-tip-1-always-reference-the-vin-number/

Every large body panel has a sticker with the VIN on it somewhere (not always readily visible).......replacement body parts do not.
All doors, hood, trunk/hatch lid, bumper covers, fenders (rear: usually in the door jamb, body side).

Door jamb sticker has VIN and production date on it

Dashboard plate

Open the hood, look at the plastic wiper cowl panel for a rectangular cover that can slide, there should be a VIN or chassis number visible somewhere behind that cover (US cars have one there)

The engine will probably a metal VIN tag attached somewhere (back of block just above oil pan).

Inquire with your local police, inquire with your insurance company, have them check the VIN for any title issues that raise red flags?? (stolen? accident? totaled? scrapped? repaired/inspected/rebuilt? flood?)
Your bank might offer the same, since they will have a vested interest in the car too and they need to make sure it is worth what your loan is for. (assuming you will get a bank loan)

Have your dealership 'run the VIN' to check that it has full warranty coverage? All recalls done? Service history?

If you're still serious, have a professional tech give it a thorough PRE-purchase inspection before you make your final decision.
If it uncovers something that makes the car a bad deal and prevents a bad purchase, it's money well spent.
If it uncovers needs you didn't see yourself (brakes, tires, maintenance), that gives you bargaining power for price negotiation.