8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Buying a used Civic

Old 11-13-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john10001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying a used Civic

Can anyone tell me when I am searching for a used Civic on sites like Autotrade, why are there so many CAT C and CAT D Civics?

What is causing them to be so expensive to repair and is it likely to mean MOT failure? Just wanted to check this in case I make a big mistake buying one.

I am looking for something reliable after my last disaster. I don't mind paying more for Japanese or German car if it is going to save me money in the few years I have it than say buying some cheap French garbage. TIA.
Old 11-15-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Buying a used Civic

Cat C and D mean that the car was too expensive for the insurance firm to repair and that they opted to buy the client a new car, but the car can be repaired to a safe running state. Category A and B mean there is extensive damage and the car may not be repaired to a safe state (bent frame and so on).

You need to change your search settings to search for clean titles, with no damage.

Unless you don't mind buying a rebuild.

You could go German but they are generally more expensive to run and repair.

I would say to look at Hondas and Toyotas (not much power but you won't need to worry abut massive repair bills, or repairing things that often).

Search this Thread