8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

My first ding

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JabuJabule is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down My first ding

Just got my '08 Civic. First day at work, I got dinged in the parking lot! It's not bad at all, but I'd like to get it fixed of course. My dealership mechanic said he could get it fixed "soon" when his dent repair guy comes in, and it'd be about $50. I'd like to get it fixed sooner than that to restore it to it's glory!

Anyone recommend any products I could go out and try to remove the dent? I just got the car, so I'm very careful with it. I don't wanna get something that will possibly damage it more. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My first ding

Let the pro do it.
If the paint is not broken it's usually a piece of cake for a pro.
If not or if it is too bad he will let you know how he expects it may turn out.

$50 is dirt cheap, it could cost 10x that to fix the damage you can cause if you don't know what you are doing, and if you DIY it you will always be able to see it. It won't escape your mind.

Look up paintless dent removal, these guys specialize in the task.
There are several in my town, one comes to our dealer every week and if seriously needed he's made emergency visits.

ALSO: If you got dinged on your first day, either park in the North 40 away from civilization and hike in, or give up now and admit your coworkers just don't give a rats behind about anyone elses personal property...and act accordingly.
Old 10-23-2016
Registered!!

JabuJabule is an unknown quantity at this point

That was my original plan. Thank you for the input!
Old 11-08-2016
Registered!!

Ivy_Tech is an unknown quantity at this point

I contact Dent Wizard directly and negotiate with the local rep. He usually charges me $20/ding, and does an excellent job of removing same. I meet him at my Honda dealer's parking lot for the service.