8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Dealer says 07 needs driver seat airbag

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carta is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealer says 07 needs driver seat airbag

I brought my son's 07 Civic LX in to the dealer to replace the passenger front airbag as per recall. When the dealer called about completing the recall, they said that they saw an airbag warning icon on. Diagnostics pointed to the driver's seat airbag--and consequently the entire airbag system was deactivated because one airbag showed a failure.

I picked the car up before they got the airbag in and first thing I noticed is that there's no airbag warning icon displaying.

So do I trust that the system is in "fault" as the dealer said or is the dealer not reading the diagnostics correctly? If the icon is off, does it mean the system does not find a fault/failure in the airbag system?

Is there another place that can hook up and read airbag diagnostics? I'd like to verify before I turn over $800 to get it replaced.
Old 08-25-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dealer says 07 needs driver seat airbag

If the icon is off, does it mean the system does not find a fault/failure in the airbag system?
Correct, no fault at this time.

I'd want to read any stored codes then erase them so you start with a 'blank slate', and just leave it alone until such time as the warning light stays on again.

Post again if/when that happens.
Old 08-25-2016
Registered!!

Carta is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, Ezone. I found several posts about connecting ODB ports 4 and 9 to read the codes--but I don't where the codes actually display. Do you have a suggestion?

BTW: the dealer called to say the airbag arrived this morning but he suggested waiting until the light came on again. He said probably a few cycles of getting in the car, buckling the seatbelt, maybe going through hot/cold cycles, and the warning light would likely appear again.

I would like to read the code for myself, though. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2016
Registered!!

Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light

You can determine what the code is by viewing the SRS light and how many flashes/pauses it makes when you connect the two lines together. The DIY is here:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ding-them.html

Click the link IN that DIY post, that takes you to a page with a very good explanation of what to do....