8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Engine noise/whistle

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bradel26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine noise/whistle

Hey everyone,
I posted about this issue about a year ago or so but I still have not gotten it resolved so I'm hoping someone has some more information I can look into. I have a 2008 civic lx and I have been having this high pitch whistle (not quite a grind but almost) for about 2 years now. As far as I know it isn't affecting the driving but I know it is definitely not normal. My initial thoughts were the belt squealing but I was told the original belts don't usually have that issue. Someone last time told me PCV valve but I replaced that with no luck. It is important to know that this noise only occurs when idle or in the process of stopping and goes away as soon as I accelerate. I have tried tons of times to hear the noise while looking under the hood but of course it never makes the noise when I am completely stopped or parked. It also occurs mostly when the AC is on. I did record the noise but I have no clue how to upload a voice memo to this post. If any more information is needed I'll be happy to supply that. Thank you in advance for anyone who can give some suggestions on this.
Old 08-03-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Engine noise/whistle

Post your video or recording on any hosting site on the net, then just get the link (URL) to it and post that link here.