8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 Honda civic EX 4dr wont Start, no Crank either, engineoil,brake,check engine ON

Old 07-30-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmcnroe is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Honda civic EX 4dr wont Start, no Crank either, engineoil,brake,check engine ON

Did a oil change service at a local honda dealer, battery is brand new, couple of months old, tested it at adancedauto too. Car wont start, just hearing a click, wont crank or turn over. Engine oil, Battery and check engine three lights on and they are steady. What would be the issue ? heading to walmart to get a OBD2 scanner to see if there are any codes that i can read. Whats frustrating is the local honda guy does multi-point check everytime i go there and he said everything looks good, its just couple of weeks ago. Before this no start issue, i noticed the similar issue that it would crank but not turn over but after couple of tries it would just start fine.. should have taken it to the shop without neglecting.
Old 07-30-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 Honda civic EX 4dr wont Start, no Crank either, engineoil,brake,check engine

heading to walmart to get a OBD2 scanner to see if there are any codes that i can read.
Forget it, you won't find any codes related to the starter.
Whats frustrating is the local honda guy does multi-point check everytime i go there and he said everything looks good, its just couple of weeks ago.
DON'T YOU DARE BLAME THAT GUY FOR YOUR PROBLEMS!

Starters can fail without any warning. Nobody can predict that.
Test the starter, see if it is bad.

Before this no start issue, i noticed the similar issue that it would crank but
The starter was working just fine then. This is completely unrelated to the current issue of inoperative starter. The only similarity is the fact there is some problem you don't have an answer for, and now you have another new problem you don't yet have an answer for.