8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

What part(s) do I need for this windshield repair?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CombatWombat is an unknown quantity at this point
What part(s) do I need for this windshield repair?

Hello,

Lately I have noticed increased wind noise on the highway and when I started looking closely at the windshield, I noticed the rubber/vinyl gasket material that sits between the vinyl strip and the glass has been completely degraded in spots. This car spent three years in the intense sun of the Mojave Desert, so it's no surprise that I am seeing things like this now. What do I need to replace in this situation? I looked through some parts websites, but I don't really know what I need and figured someone here would know. The vehicle in question is a 2007 Civic EX sedan.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers side.jpg
Views:	5982
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	88816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger side.jpg
Views:	3900
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	88817  
Old 05-22-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What part(s) do I need for this windshield repair?

In a Honda parts catalog under "molding" you should find those outside strips.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry 2=2007&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=MOL DING

Part # 1-4

Old 05-22-2016
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply, but parts 1-4 are the passenger and driver side window strips. I am looking for the piece(s) that sit under parts 8-9. They run along the left and right side of the windshield.
Old 05-22-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh damn, my bad. I thought those were pics of the door strips. Duh.

More choices
The arrow pointing at B-42-10 refers to molding 8/9 in the other reply. I believe it's one continuous molding from the bottom sides of the windshield to the back edge of the roof.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry 2=2007&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=FRO NT+WINDSHIELD

Windshield trims, we usually just have the glass installers do those.
Old 05-22-2016
Registered!!

Yeah, that piece sits on top of the gasket I am trying to replace- it does indeed run from the bottom of the windshield all the way to the rear end of the roof. Would part #1 possibly be what I am looking for? I'm just not sure if the part in question sits behind the glass or not. I would not believe so, since the material does not look to be silicone, so I think it is independent of the sealant holding the glass in place. I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the dealer and having a glass guy come out, since the glass is fine and I believe this is a separate part.
Old 05-22-2016

Would part #1 possibly be what I am looking for? I'm just not sure if the part in question sits behind the glass or not. I would not believe so, since the material does not look to be silicone, so I think it is independent of the sealant holding the glass in place.
I can't tell you.....I avoid windshield trims like the plague.
Most glass guys can do better at getting moldings glued in than the factory did LOL
I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the dealer and having a glass guy come out,
Many glass installers will come to your house or work to do the install.

Suggest you contact a glass installer and swing by to have them look at it and evaluate it?

Can you work the drip rail (molding 8/9) up to see more?