8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Expecting baby, looking at MY12-13 Si. Enough to for infant seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperGroove is an unknown quantity at this point
Expecting baby, looking at MY12-13 Si. Enough to for infant seat?

Hi All,

I've been looking at Civic Si sedans off an on for the last 7 years. I like them a lot.

My wife and I are expecting a baby soon, and I would like to buy a car to replace my RX8. I love everything about the MY 12-13 Civic Si I have driven, but want to know if the Civic Si is going to have enough space to carry my 6'0 frame and wife's 5'7 frame, whilg having enough room to carry a rear facing infant seat, a beefy stroller and perhaps our 50lb dog.

My wife has an '02 Rav4 which we hope will be able to carry all the baby gear for when we need to travel for lengthy bits of time.

Any advice about whether this car is a good infant hauler, and what baby seats you would recommend would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Expecting baby, looking at MY12-13 Si. Enough to for infant seat?

I've fit a toddler car seat in the back of my 2002 coupe with racing seats that sit pretty far back. The stroller and dog may take a bit of tetras magic to fit in as well, but u don't see why it wouldn't work
Old 08-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Well as long as the stroller goes in the trunk I think it would be fairly easy.

So long as it can fit through the trunk opening.
Old 08-16-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the new baby! Welcome to the forum! I don't have any experience with the Civic you are looking at and if it has enough room but I now have baby gear knowledge.

I just went through this as my wife just had our baby 6 months ago. I have a Honda Fit and she has a Mazda 3 and it can be tight to fit all the "baby gear" into either of the cars (it fits in mine better ). It is hard to guess how much baby gear your baby will require when going places. When my daughter was first born she barley needed anything, all she did was sleep. Now at 6 months she needs toys, and seats and swings depending on where we are going. Going to the store no problem, but going to the in laws for half a day you need more stuff to keep baby happy.

My 01 Civic has a great deal of room in the back seat and the trunk. You could easily fit a car seat and stroller. My Fit has a smaller back seat area so the car seat is a little tight but I can fold the rear seat up with her car seat in the middle to get more cargo space. The Mazda does not do this and the rear seat can not fold down with the the car seat in the center. Grocery bags go on top of the stroller or in the back seat.

For daily tasks I think the Civic Si will be great. It will be fun to drive, safe and you will be able to carry the little one around. For larger trips with the dog it will be a pain. Don't get me wrong you could do it and depending on how minimalistic you are with packing you may have plenty of room but ideally it wouldn't be the best option for long hauls. The Rav4 would be better.

We have a Britax B-Safe car seat and it is great (also have the stroller, very nice too). Compact, light and safe. You shouldn't have an issue with any infant seats as these are smaller and should fit in the Si with no issues. A convertible car seat is bigger and is generally where people have issues with seats fitting. The Si should be plenty big to accommodate any seat but they make specialty seats for compact cars so you can always find a seat that will fit. They make car seats that you can fit 3 across in the back of a Civic (expensive car seats). If you already have a car seat you can take it with you to the dealer and try it out in the car, or just get the car that you want and get a seat that fits it.
Old 08-18-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SuperGroove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
Congrats on the new baby! Welcome to the forum! I don't have any experience with the Civic you are looking at and if it has enough room but I now have baby gear knowledge.

I just went through this as my wife just had our baby 6 months ago. I have a Honda Fit and she has a Mazda 3 and it can be tight to fit all the "baby gear" into either of the cars (it fits in mine better ). It is hard to guess how much baby gear your baby will require when going places. When my daughter was first born she barley needed anything, all she did was sleep. Now at 6 months she needs toys, and seats and swings depending on where we are going. Going to the store no problem, but going to the in laws for half a day you need more stuff to keep baby happy.

My 01 Civic has a great deal of room in the back seat and the trunk. You could easily fit a car seat and stroller. My Fit has a smaller back seat area so the car seat is a little tight but I can fold the rear seat up with her car seat in the middle to get more cargo space. The Mazda does not do this and the rear seat can not fold down with the the car seat in the center. Grocery bags go on top of the stroller or in the back seat.

For daily tasks I think the Civic Si will be great. It will be fun to drive, safe and you will be able to carry the little one around. For larger trips with the dog it will be a pain. Don't get me wrong you could do it and depending on how minimalistic you are with packing you may have plenty of room but ideally it wouldn't be the best option for long hauls. The Rav4 would be better.

We have a Britax B-Safe car seat and it is great (also have the stroller, very nice too). Compact, light and safe. You shouldn't have an issue with any infant seats as these are smaller and should fit in the Si with no issues. A convertible car seat is bigger and is generally where people have issues with seats fitting. The Si should be plenty big to accommodate any seat but they make specialty seats for compact cars so you can always find a seat that will fit. They make car seats that you can fit 3 across in the back of a Civic (expensive car seats). If you already have a car seat you can take it with you to the dealer and try it out in the car, or just get the car that you want and get a seat that fits it.
Thanks for this useful advice! Really helpful and I will look for sears geared towards smaller cars.