8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Beeping when exiting with key fob

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlatPepsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Beeping when exiting with key fob

Good gravy, my civic likes to beep. I've managed to turn off most beeps, but this last one is driving me crazy.

When the car is running, and I exit the car with the key fob in my pocket, outside the car is a loud 3-4 beep tell me th car is running without the keys inside the car.

Dude, it was -18 F this morning. I good and well am going to leave it running while I grab something from the house.

Is there a good way to turn that off? I'm open to snipping the speaker wire at this point.
Old 02-16-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beeping when exiting with key fob

You must have a 14-15 car?
You aren't supposed to exit a running car with the fob. It will beep at you.

I doubt there is any way to disable that one, but look in the menu and settings stuff on the IMID display.

If you know what you are doing, just ignore it?
Old 02-16-2015
Registered!!

Yes, it's a 2014- and I do keep the keys in my pocket. The problem is, the beep is incredibly loud. Head-turning loud to anyone around. The speaker is definitely outside the car, unlike the seatbelt beeper.

It's doing exactly what it's designed to do- but I don't like it. I've turned off the menu settings for door lock & unlock beeps- but haven't found a setting for this one.

if I could find the speaker for this beep, I'd at least like to muffle it (duct tape?)
Old 02-16-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

My 00 Corolla had the keyless/"alarm" and it had the piezo under the hood up top.

Honda is likely using something similar.

Open up the hood and listen while it's warning you, and it should be easy to locate and quiet. About 3/4" diameter.
Old 02-16-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Speaker may be in the rear bumper cover area, wires black and green.
(I've never actually looked for one, myself.)
Old 02-19-2015
Registered!!

I believe you're right- the speaker is at the rear bumper- I think at the driver's side.

Do you know an easy way to get to it (short of removing the bumper), or an easy way to get to the wiring run to the bumper?
Old 02-19-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

I'd imagine the wires for the speaker runs along with the wires going to the rear audio speakers, as well as the rear lights...now how you would identify what wires power what, and if it is ok to clip them is beyond me.

Perhaps you could get lucky, peel back the carpet and maybe see the speaker itself?

I'd check it out myself on my 2014 because I've already done plenty under the carpet for my subwoofer wiring, but it's about 15 degrees out, and is gonna be sub-zero tonight so....yeah....
Maybe tomorrow when it gets SLIGHTLY warmer (I think we might see 25 degrees tomorrow!)

P.S. I live in Virginia; this type of cold is incredibly abnormal for my area lol.
Old 02-19-2015
Registered!!

Ya, I'll go exploring under the carpet in a few days. It's well below 0 now, forecast is for -17 tonight. Michigan here, and -17 is cold, even for us.
Old 02-19-2015

"Keyless Buzzer" harness is part of the trunk area harness, it passes through the rear lower trunk panel below the trunklid latch striker.

Speaker is on the outside of the car. You have to pull the rear bumper cover off to replace it..... looks to be near the middle, maybe between the body and bumper beam or somewhat lower then the beam.
You MIGHT be able to reach the plug if you loosen the bottom of the bumper cover and slide your arm up it.

No, I have not tried to find one on a real car yet to see if one can actually reach it.