8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Help me with Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bichocho is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Help me with Air Intake

Hello , i really neeed a help asap plzz!
i have 2011 Honda civic EX coupe

I neeed to buy an Air intake from ebay , shuld i get the Injen or HPS ? Hps cost 170$ , the injen 190%

on the HPS air intake it says = Remark: HPS Performance Shortram Air Intakes are Designated as Racing, Off-Road or Show Use only *

What it means? it means it doesnt give Power to engine and its just design? i really need help

thx a lot
Old 01-05-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me with Air Intake

First off, moved to the correct section.

Secondly, while they do technically have some performance enhancing aspect attributed to them, they're negligible, at best. Maybe 1-3hp increase in the upper RPM band, but dyno tests have shown that they have zero, sometimes negative horsepower effect in the low and mid-range band.

Having an aftermarket intake definitely looks better and cleans up the engine bay a bit, making things more accessible, and allows you to reuse the same filter instead of periodic replacements, since the cone filters are cleanable. Many, however, require the filter to be oiled after cleaning.

That remark is really a CYA (cover your ***) disclaimer for the manufacturer. By saying that, you, the consumer, can't get mad at them if you lose power or fail to make power by installing their product, which is designed to increase power (and, if not abused, fuel efficiency by allowing the engine to "breathe" easier). I guess the same applies if you're annoyed by the extra sound produced from the engine bay. Yes, an intake will make your car louder.

The off-road/show part of the disclaimer is another CYA, so that if their product was not granted a CARB E.O. number (Cali emissions acceptable), and you install the intake for public road use, you can't sue them if you get a fixit ticket for having a non-CARB complaint part in your car.
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
First off, moved to the correct section.

Secondly, while they do technically have some performance enhancing aspect attributed to them, they're negligible, at best. Maybe 1-3hp increase in the upper RPM band, but dyno tests have shown that they have zero, sometimes negative horsepower effect in the low and mid-range band.

Having an aftermarket intake definitely looks better and cleans up the engine bay a bit, making things more accessible, and allows you to reuse the same filter instead of periodic replacements, since the cone filters are cleanable. Many, however, require the filter to be oiled after cleaning.

That remark is really a CYA (cover your ***) disclaimer for the manufacturer. By saying that, you, the consumer, can't get mad at them if you lose power or fail to make power by installing their product, which is designed to increase power (and, if not abused, fuel efficiency by allowing the engine to "breathe" easier). I guess the same applies if you're annoyed by the extra sound produced from the engine bay. Yes, an intake will make your car louder.

The off-road/show part of the disclaimer is another CYA, so that if their product was not granted a CARB E.O. number (Cali emissions acceptable), and you install the intake for public road use, you can't sue them if you get a fixit ticket for having a non-CARB complaint part in your car.
so u if u was on my place which intake u ganna buy? Injen , KAndN , HPS or nothing?
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Bump ! i neeed more help
Old 01-05-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

According to his garage, Riceboy uses AEM, but his car is much older than yours. Using a combination of searching and reading customer reviews, you can find the one that works for you!
Old 01-05-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the money, I'd go AEM or injen. Particularly in that order because I'm a huge fan of the AEM dry flow filter.
Old 01-05-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
If you have the money, I'd go AEM or injen. Particularly in that order because I'm a huge fan of the AEM dry flow filter.
Yep, or at least get a Dryflow later on!
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Go on Wikipedia and search atmospheric pressure. That is what fills the cylinders with air. The engine pistons actually push the exhaust out (this is how a compressor builds up pressure) but the actual intake of the pistons going down depend on the outside air pressure filling the cylinders. If you look at the intake system, the major restriction is the throttle body. The factory air box is plenty big and most Hondas actually have a body hanging down that silences the air flow without restricting it. (think its called an acoustic chamber) Save your money unless you just want it to sound like a Hover Vac or a dog with two of them hangy down things. (it is impressive however..just make sure it's red and big since it's just for looks and save the old parts..sure helps with resale)
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice

Intake resonator is the bulge on the intake pipe.

And contrary to popular belief, it actually lowers engine noise, and increases horsepower across a specific RPM band.
Old 01-05-2015
Registered!!

RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

A resonator is a device or system that exhibits resonance or resonant behavior, that is, it naturally oscillates at some frequencies, called its resonant frequencies, with greater amplitude than at others. The oscillations in a resonator can be either electromagnetic or mechanical (including acoustic). Resonators are used to either generate waves of specific frequencies or to select specific frequencies from a signal. Musical instruments use acoustic resonators that produce sound waves of specific tones.
A cavity resonator, usually used in reference to electromagnetic resonators, is one in which waves exist in a hollow space inside the device. Acoustic cavity resonators, in which sound is produced by air vibrating in a cavity with one opening, are known as Helmholtz resonators.
Old 01-05-2015
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
A resonator is a device or system that exhibits resonance or resonant behavior, that is, it naturally oscillates at some frequencies, called its resonant frequencies, with greater amplitude than at others. The oscillations in a resonator can be either electromagnetic or mechanical (including acoustic). Resonators are used to either generate waves of specific frequencies or to select specific frequencies from a signal. Musical instruments use acoustic resonators that produce sound waves of specific tones.
A cavity resonator, usually used in reference to electromagnetic resonators, is one in which waves exist in a hollow space inside the device. Acoustic cavity resonators, in which sound is produced by air vibrating in a cavity with one opening, are known as Helmholtz resonators.
Old 01-29-2015
Registered!!

marteam is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a good thread that can help you-- https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ur-intake.html