8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

rear shocks and spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yama is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile rear shocks and spark plugs

Hey Guys,
I have a 2007 Ex Civic with 138K. I am ordering some parts from majestichonda and I need to change the rear shock absorbers while changing this I wanna change the springs as well they are under $50 for both sides but mechanic doesn't recommend he says not to mess around with it cause that's gonna affect the alignment. I told them after installation I will take it to a alignment shop then he said it's up to me. When I do a bounce test on the car it bounces freely even after couple of times. Also what will be the best spark plugs to get. THANKS IN ADVANCE for any ideas.
Old 07-09-2014
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: rear shocks and spark plugs

Originally Posted by Yama
I have a 2007 Ex Civic with 138K. I am ordering some parts from majestichonda and I need to change the rear shock absorbers while changing this I wanna change the springs as well they are under $50 for both sides but mechanic doesn't recommend he says not to mess around with it cause that's gonna affect the alignment. I told them after installation I will take it to a alignment shop then he said it's up to me.
Why do you want new springs? Are you trying to lower the car? If that's not the case, you're best off keeping your springs and going with OEM shocks or something similar like the Tokico Blues.

When I do a bounce test on the car it bounces freely even after couple of times.
That's the shocks, not the springs. The springs are doing their job, what with the bounciness and all. The shocks' job is to keep all that bouncing under control and the wheels on the road.

Also what will be the best spark plugs to get.
Why do you want to change those? I've been using NGK Iridiums for three years. They're not cheap but they're advertized at lasting 150k miles. I'm sure others here have their own opinions, though.
Old 07-09-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poopies
Why do you want new springs? Are you trying to lower the car? If that's not the case, you're best off keeping your springs and going with OEM shocks or something similar like the Tokico Blues.

That's the shocks, not the springs. The springs are doing their job, what with the bounciness and all. The shocks' job is to keep all that bouncing under control and the wheels on the road.

Why do you want to change those? I've been using NGK Iridiums for three years. They're not cheap but they're advertized at lasting 150k miles. I'm sure others here have their own opinions, though.
Agree with all but the last one.
I think many of the OE Iridium plugs could outlast most of the cars they are in, as long as nothing fouls them.
Measurable wear (gap) has been almost nonexistent at 100k, 200k, and higher that I have seen... (we have plenty of cheap customers that won't buy plugs/tune up/maintenance.)
Old 07-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yama is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot guys
I was thinking if I do the shock absorbers and the the price for both springs are under $50 so I thought it will be better to do the springs as well but as far as everyone recommends to just do the shocks I will probably stick to that and for the spark plug the mechanic told me to change them. Once again thanks guys for the replies.