8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Hey guys, new to the forum and civics

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shroomlover29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, new to the forum and civics

Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. Buying my first car soon. My dad is a mechanic and I am grateful I have his expertise. This car shopping process hasn't real been what I expected lol. I figured it would be a little less time consuming.

I initially went to buy a Mazda 3 but turns out the engine wasn't good, looked at other cars in between but no deal. I am looking at a 2006 Honda Civic XE- Automatic right now. The girl is 22 years old, goes to College and is working a job. She seems pretty responsible for her age.

Thing is she wants to be rid of her car payments and wants to sell the car. She initially wanted me to give her the money so she can pay the payment online and then send me the document when it comes in. I messaged her a day later and told her that I would need to come with her to the bank etc..to pay the loan off.

It is exam week for her so she said she will have to see if she has time to do that now, she didn't sound to impressed that I changed my mind, but she ultimately has to understand where I am coming from.

Anyways I hope this purchase works out, because I really want the car. You will be seeing a little more of me if this works out.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BRBRT03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hey guys, new to the forum and civics

Originally Posted by Shroomlover29
Thing is she wants to be rid of her car payments and wants to sell the car. She initially wanted me to give her the money so she can pay the payment online and then send me the document when it comes in. I messaged her a day later and told her that I would need to come with her to the bank etc..to pay the loan off.

It is exam week for her so she said she will have to see if she has time to do that now, she didn't sound to impressed that I changed my mind, but she ultimately has to understand where I am coming from.
Sounds a little fishy to me. Were I in this situation I would only deal with the bank holding the loan and work out something where you take over the remaining balance of the loan directly with the bank/creditor. Dealing through her only leaves you wide open to get scammed and screwed out of your hard earned money. She might be legit, but I've seen alot of people get screwed bad by people who checked out and seemed "legit".
Old 12-09-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hey guys, new to the forum and civics

Welcome to the site!