8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Headlights, Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
khball is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlights, Swap?

I just recently got my 2010 Civic Si coupe (36k miles).

I had a Mini Cooper S with bi-xenon headlights and had no issues with them, not too bright nor too dim. I am aware going from a xenon set up to a traditional halogen set up is going to be a difference but sometimes it feels like I am driving with candles for headlamps. I have tried swapping out the OEM bulbs for sliverstars and it did not make a difference, my brights are amazing but low beams for night driving is almost impossible to see anything more that 25-35ft ahead of me.

My question is, has anyone done a projector non HID swap out from the factory headlights and also if anyone would suggest switching to a projector headlamp non HID? I prefer to stray away from the aftermarket HID kits because from personal past experience of issues reoccurring and just wasn't a needed upgraded for low beams that bright. But I am aware that projectors help with light distribution, etc. Also have any other owners experienced the low beams on this year generation being inadequate for night time driving, and if so what was your solution?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acewatsan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Headlights, Swap?

Originally Posted by khball
I just recently got my 2010 Civic Si coupe (36k miles).

I had a Mini Cooper S with bi-xenon headlights and had no issues with them, not too bright nor too dim. I am aware going from a xenon set up to a traditional halogen set up is going to be a difference but sometimes it feels like I am driving with candles for headlamps. I have tried swapping out the OEM bulbs for sliverstars and it did not make a difference, my brights are amazing but low beams for night driving is almost impossible to see anything more that 25-35ft ahead of me.

My question is, has anyone done a projector non HID swap out from the factory headlights and also if anyone would suggest switching to a projector headlamp non HID? I prefer to stray away from the aftermarket HID kits because from personal past experience of issues reoccurring and just wasn't a needed upgraded for low beams that bright. But I am aware that projectors help with light distribution, etc. Also have any other owners experienced the low beams on this year generation being inadequate for night time driving, and if so what was your solution?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Nobody is hurt. Hurt is in the mind. If you can walk, you can run.

[http://www.lookoutservices.net/looko...9-e-verify//]E VERIFY[/URL]