8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Coilover Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ForeverSlow is an unknown quantity at this point
Coilover Decisions

Im looking to get coilovers on my 2011 dx sedan. Ive looked at K Sport kontrol pro set or the Skunk2 Pro S. Its about a $150 difference. My friends say K Sport. Anyone else have pros and cons on the 2?
Old 04-25-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: Coilover Decisions

Here are a few links to the info you may be looking for

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspe...-06-civic.html

Skunk 2 review http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/suspe...v2-review.html
Old 04-25-2013
Registered!!

From what I understand the ksport seems like a better choice bc it has so many options of height and stiffness for them. The skunk2 thread every one was complaining about the bounciness of the ride. Stiffer setting means less bounce correct?
Old 04-25-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ForeverSlow
Stiffer setting means less bounce correct?
A softer setting will create a more bouncy ride at higher speeds, harder setting is generally a harsh ride at low speed and stable at high.

If you make the shock stiffer it will stop the spring from moving as much so it will be less bouncy.

Last edited by GolNat; 04-25-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
A softer setting will create a more bouncy ride at higher speeds, harder setting is generally a harsh ride at low speed and stable at high.

So it basically comes down to finding what you drive most?
Old 04-26-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Correct. It is going to be a balance between comfort and performance. You may find that the roads you drive most ofter are really rough so you would want to dial to the softer side. You might not care about how rough the ride is because most of your driving is smooth highway.

Its also different between Coilover manufactures. Some are better for daily driving, others for racing. Whats rough to you may not be to me so it's hard to get a good idea of weather a particular setup rides nice or not until you try it.
Old 04-26-2013
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

I was lowered on Skunk2 Pro-S II's last year and I have to say i did enjoy them. Easy to adjust, solid construction and to me, good quality.

THEY ARE STIFF. its a rough ride, i sold them cause I could have my newborn ride in it without breaking her little neck LOL. I liked it personally and would have kept them if I didnt have the little one.

Also they went decently low. I would have preferred the rear to be lower and more adjsutable but it was low enough. ... i have pics in my build thread. keep in mind my tires are 205/40 which have a smaller overall diameter so if I was running the 215/45 they would tuck a little bit.
Old 04-27-2013
Registered!!

I think im going to go with the ksport just for a quick and easy adjust. From what my friend said I can adjust it while keeping the wheels on the car which is much easier for me. Thanks for all the help.