8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

shaking/vibration at idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ericb74 is an unknown quantity at this point
shaking/vibration at idle

Hello all,
I'm new to the civic forum, and thought that I would ask for help with an issue I am having. I recently bought a 08 Civic LX sedan with 52k miles.
Upon getting it home, I noticed that when its in neutral (it's a 5 speed), it has a noticeable vibration at idle. If you give it gas, and get it up to about 800 rpm, it goes away. I have had it back to the dealer, and they said there is nothing wrong. I tried the idle re-learn procedure. It didnt seem to help.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this problem. I bought this car as a daily commuter to/from Denver, and put about 80 miles a day on it. I'd like to get it fixed right away. Thank you in advance for any help. I searched the threads and found lots of idle issues, but didn't find one that sounded like the issue I am having. Thanks again!!
Eric
Old 04-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: shaking/vibration at idle

Motor mount. Passengers side. Read this and check: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4577741

Of course, it could be many other things, but the mount is very common.
Old 04-23-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

my 07 has a minor vibration, but it doesn't bother me that much since its only at idle.. it is a common thing for these cars..

there is an aftermarket motor mount by bremba that is nice for the 8th gen.
Old 04-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Many people use the words "rattle" and "vibration" interchangeably. Makes interpretation confusing.

Could be something as simple as the hood rattling---because someone standing there started twisting the rubber bumpers without knowing what they are for.

OP needs to figure out what it is. Investigate.