8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Civic Type R -2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john Fitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic Type R -2009

Hi, Just after a bit of clarification around a Type R I am looking at.

I live in Melbourne and need a run-around for work. Can get fully maintained Prius with company logo's all over (not for me).

Local garage has a 2009 Honda Civic 8th Gen MY07 with 25Km on the clock. It was manufactured in the UK.

I didn't get a straight answer when I asked what build year. I was shown a July09 plate of the door pillar! Is this correct? Does the 09 signify's 1st registration? Seems a hell of a long time between build and registration!

Sorry for being a dumb ***! The car looks and drives bettter than GTI & Mazda MPS.

Cheers

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Type R.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	84747  
Old 02-23-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Civic Type R -2009

not sure of the rules in AU, but door stitckers usually are placed in the factory, not when it's registered, usually.
running the vin number in some database should also yield the information required (much easier in the newer cars )

yes, all type R are made in UK, no exception.

you could also wait for the new one
Name:  untitled6-Copy_zpse4190ccd.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  132.6 KB

civic type R prototype - 2 liter turbo.... 300 HP. rear suspension will differ from all the other civics now produced (yeah!) as in no torsion beams and prolly all wheel steering. Made to try to top out the renault megane :
Old 02-23-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic Type R -2009

2009 Honda Civic 8th Gen MY07

I didn't get a straight answer when I asked what build year.
Something screwy is going on there.
Someone trying to hide something, or just said it wrong??

"M.Y. 07" to me means model year 2007.

NOTE FYI: The production run for any model year normally starts up in the previous calendar year. A Model Year 2013 car could easily have been built in Sept. 2012.
The North American 2012 Civic production run started in something like April of 2011.
The sticker attached in the engine compartment (emissions tag, usually on the hood but not always) should state the model year on it, assuming it is the original sticker.

The door jamb tag like this one has the date of production in the corner, and is found in the drivers' door jamb area (I assume yours would also be in the drivers door area):

This is installed by the factory.
It has the vehicles VIN on it (the one in this pic is somewhat obscured).

The VIN on this door jamb label must match the dash tag VIN visible through the windshield.
If they don't match, then I would walk away unless there is one helluva deal.

If someone tries to register a car here (where I live in the USA) and those 2 tags don't match, you are in for a heap of trouble.

(Trust me on this. I replaced a dashboard on a car once and simply forgot to transfer the VIN plate to the new dash. A couple of years later it caused a heap of grief for that customer, and I had to answer a pile of questions to people at the Secretary Of States' office. Those folks don't play around. Car was issued a different VIN number by the state, the same way a salvage/rebuilt car would be issued a VIN by the state here. New VIN plate was brutally riveted into the jamb.)

Each body panel also has a VIN label, so with a little bit of looking you should be able to tell if the car has body parts from other cars installed on it (evidence of likely crashed and repaired with used parts?)

In this pic you can see the tire info label, paint label, the VIN tag with production date, and the VIN label that is stuck on the rear door (97 Integra):