8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

New passenger door price

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baam_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
New passenger door price

Hi everyone,

I recently got into a minor accident while driving my girlfriends 2 door '08 Civic. There were dents and scratches on the passenger side door and the mirror housing had been cracked leaving the mirror hanging but I managed to pop it back in and it stayed. The other car only had some scratches on the bumper cover. My girlfriends dad brought the car into a shop that he has been going to for a while and they said that there was damaged done to the inside of the door and it would cost $2290 to replace the door.

I know the door will need to be painted but is this a reasonable price? It seems a bit high to me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New passenger door price

Originally Posted by baam_1
Hi everyone,

I recently got into a minor accident while driving my girlfriends 2 door '08 Civic. There were dents and scratches on the passenger side door and the mirror housing had been cracked leaving the mirror hanging but I managed to pop it back in and it stayed. The other car only had some scratches on the bumper cover. My girlfriends dad brought the car into a shop that he has been going to for a while and they said that there was damaged done to the inside of the door and it would cost $2290 to replace the door.

I know the door will need to be painted but is this a reasonable price? It seems a bit high to me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Second opinions are cheap.
There is more than one bodyshop.
They can make an estimate for when the insurance is paying, and I bet they can make another estimate for when YOU are paying out-of-pocket. They may or may not be different.

Used door, same color and all?
Bolt it on and GO!
www.car-part.com