8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Civic Options Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EX-Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic Options Wish List

I've had my EX for a year. I put about 17k miles on it.

What options do you wish the Civic had available?

I'm thinking that a turbo option might be cool for the non-SI cars.

Offer more bang than what that the current 1.8 has!

Speaking of the SI, if that car had an automatic transmission available, they would sell a lot more. Just saying!
Old 02-03-2013
Registered!!

clinton_hedrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic Options Wish List

Originally Posted by EX-Dave

Speaking of the SI, if that car had an automatic transmission available, they would sell a lot more. Just saying!

No. Automatic transmissions are the devil.
Old 02-03-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by clinton_hedrick

No. Automatic transmissions are the devil.
Maybe so, but would Clinton like to see any "possible available" options added to the list?
Old 02-04-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Si should be available in a turbo trim... Even Hyundais nowadays come with turbo available!! IN FACT THE LOWEST MODEL OF THE GENESIS IS TURBO.

RWD/AWD should be an option for sure... even if they renamed the car just give us the option damnit.

They should learn a little from GM (Hurts to say) and build a small engine turbo civic. 1.1L turbo kinda like you mentioned above that would break 40+ MPG in the city.

A model with less electronics that is more tuner friendly... ***** getting outta control with electronic devices.

I'm going to stop there I can go on forever... It'll never happen though
Old 02-04-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

They would sell a lot more if they offered an automatic si. I kinda like that they are still holding on to the manual and not offering it in an automatic. Having it only available in a manual definitely hurts the sales but maybe that doesn't concern them with the si model. It's more about the experience with an si. A turbo would be nice, but that could potentially lead to reliability issues (maybe). I know turbos wear out and require more maintainence.
Old 02-04-2013
Registered!!

clinton_hedrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GolNat
They would sell a lot more if they offered an automatic si. I kinda like that they are still holding on to the manual and not offering it in an automatic. Having it only available in a manual definitely hurts the sales but maybe that doesn't concern them with the si model. It's more about the experience with an si. .

I agree with BlueEm2, I want a RWD. Not quite an s2000, something with 4 seats and not a convertible. Once again, they probably wouldn't sell that many, but it would help the Honda experience. IMO they should make a high output version of their V-6 and put it on a RWD Accord-sized car. Something to compete with cars like a Hyundai Genesis
Old 02-04-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
They would sell a lot more if they offered an automatic si. I kinda like that they are still holding on to the manual and not offering it in an automatic. Having it only available in a manual definitely hurts the sales but maybe that doesn't concern them with the si model. It's more about the experience with an si.......
BMW started offering an automatic on their M series cars a while ago. I kind of want to see that idea perk up at Honda. So many people passed on SI sales on account of stick-only! I would have considered one, but city driving and the traffic jams aren't too stick friendly.