8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Random Play Mode

Old 10-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rameshj is an unknown quantity at this point
Random Play Mode

Hi,

I tried to set random play mode in my Civic 2006 India model with user manual.

Quote:
RANDOM (Random within a disc/folder) - This feature plays the tracks within a disc (the files within a folder in MP3 or WMA mode) in random order. To activate random play, press and release the RDM button. In MP3 or WMA mode, press the RDM button repeatedly to select RDM (within a folder random play). You will see RDM in the display. Press the RDM button for 2

seconds to return to normal play.
In MP3 or WMA mode FOLDER-RANDOM - This feature, when activated, plays all files in each folder in random order. To activate folder random, press the RDM button 2 times. You will hear a beep and see F-RDM in the display. The system will then select and play files randomly. This continues until you deactivate folder random by pressing the RDM button again, or by selecting a different folder with the TUNE ****.
Each time you press and release the RDM button, the mode changes from folder random play to random play (within a folder random play), then to normal playing.

My car has 6 CDs loader and i loaded all the 6 CDs. As per the above instruction, whenever I press Random ("R") button, it loads 3 rd CD instead of change random mode. Can you please help me to set random play mode ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Ramesh
Old 10-28-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Random Play Mode

Your picture is for North American model radios, we only got single disc players that look like your picture, not an in-dash 6 disc changer.
We had accessory (dealer installed) disc changer in the trunk if someone wanted one.
I can't remember if we have any customers that actually bought this accessory, I don't think I have ever seen or used it.

I just looked in the user guide for one and saw absolutely no information about using the RDM function in conjunction with the 6 disc changer.
I only saw the information for using RDM with the in-dash unit.

As per the above instruction, whenever I press Random ("R") button, it loads 3 rd CD instead of change random mode.
Yes, pushing a numbered button selects that disc.

I would GUESS and try holding down the RDM button for 3 seconds while playing the disc in question. Does that do anything different?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the RDM function might only be available/possible when playing a disc in the radio in the dash, and not available when using the 6 disc changer in the trunk.

I never thought of this until now, but I have never used a "random" function on any disc player I have ever owned.