8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2 things need fixing. fuses and possibly spark plugs. Symptoms described inside..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strik3r2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation 2 things need fixing. fuses and possibly spark plugs. Symptoms described inside..

Hi, I own a 2008 honda civic LX.

Recently I changed my battery. My old died on me.

The funny thing is that, ever since then, my engine has been rumbling. It's so loud that my music can't be heard. It's loud when I drive slow, very loud when I initially start my car and it's on park.

Another problem occurred when I turned on my AC. Nothing.. Heater.. Nothing. Light on but no hot or cold air. Nothing blowing what so ever. I've been really needing that auto defroster in the morning because my windows get very fogged up.

My dad says that the AC could be the fuses, and the rumbling is the spark plugs.

SO here's what I wanna know. For the fuses, what fuses do I check? Is there a way I need to remove them? I know it should not be hard.

I never changed any of those since I first got my car back in '08. Only maintence was breaks, oil changes, tires cleaning, wipers, and filters.

Last edited by strik3r2; 06-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-01-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2 things need fixing. fuses and possibly spark plugs. Symptoms described inside..

It doesn't need plugs.
How many miles?
Warranty on the powertrain?
Is the OIL cap missing? They make a lot of noise and a huge oily mess if someone left that off.

Is your heater/AC problem that the interior fan is not running?
Old 06-01-2012
Registered!!

Re: 2 things need fixing. fuses and possibly spark plugs. Symptoms described inside..

77,479 miles so far.
Old 06-01-2012
Registered!!

And gas cap is intact. IDK the powertrain warrenty. How would I get that? Basicallt for the AC. there is nothing. No sound, no idication that it's on. You turn the dial and it's silent. As if there is no fan running..
Old 06-01-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

You elude the question with

As if there is no fan running
So let me get this straight:

the interior fan is not running?

(It's the one in the dash.)

Turn the key on. Turn the fan switch on high speed.
Slap your hand HARD under the dash on the passengers side. Does the fan start running?

---------------------------------------------------

Is the OIL cap missing?
And gas cap is intact.
We got a communication problem here, and it isn't on my end.
If you can't tell the difference, I don't think I can help much.

----------------------------------------------

Your factory powertrain warranty expired at 60k, unless you got an extended warranty.

The spark plugs are 100,000 mile plugs.
If it truly needs plugs, there is something more drastic wrong with the engine.

You have to open your own hood and investigate the rumble. Start with checking whatever you did immediately prior to noticing it.