8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Bought a 2007 Honda Civic Si. Have a few concerns.

Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DatGUenvy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Bought a 2007 Honda Civic Si. Have a few concerns.

Hey guys!! New on the forum here.
So, I bought a 2007 Honda civic si yesterday with 67820 miles. The car has a salvage title. Bought the car from a family friend who has had the car since 27000 miles, January of 09. The car is in great shape except the visor on the driver's side keeps falling down. Also there is like a flapping sound at around 75mph that seems to be coming from the right wheel but I am not sure.

Also some maintenance tips would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

thumperk15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bought a 2007 Honda Civic Si. Have a few concerns.

Our '06 has the same visor problem. I haven't tried to fix it but by the mount look at it and it will be split apart around the rod. I grab it and close it while rotating it up, it will stay up. Its something that needs fixed but this will help hold it. The other I've never noticed but the cars hardly ever on the interstate so the speeds never over 60.
Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

johng35 is an unknown quantity at this point

there was a service bulletin on split visors a few years ago.
I will try to post or atttach a file I downloaded with the bulletins.
Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

barryaz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

And search this forum. You will find threads about it and Honda will probably fix them for free.
Old 12-04-2011
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Honda bulletin 11-031, warranty is extended to 7 years/100,000 miles. Covers either sun visor, but they only replace the broken one(s). See your dealer.
Old 12-04-2011
Registered!!

This site is really hard to navigate through. I couldn't view my post was randomly clicking links and finally I am here. Also today found out that there is a flapping sound at around 75mph. but again later when I drove it was gone. must be the rain? Thank you for your replies guys. Seriously though, how do i view my own posts here?
Old 12-05-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

The flapping sound could be the wheel well guards, check to make sure all the plastic clips(little circle things) are all there, plus open your door and look at your fender, there is a plastic guard in there that if not connected will flap. Click USERCP in the top left and it will show you all the post you post in.
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

This is kinda off topic but question to OP, what caused the car to have a salvaged title? Accident? If so, was it repaired? If not, maybe that's what's causing the flapping sound.
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Nosepicker
This is kinda off topic but question to OP, what caused the car to have a salvaged title? Accident? If so, was it repaired? If not, maybe that's what's causing the flapping sound.

That is a very good question Mr/Ms Picker but I don't quite know. The thing is a family friend bought this car from a salvage auto seller who had no clue what was the difference between a Si and a LX was and neither did our friend. The dealer had explained to him that the Si was a grade higher than the LX but a step lower than the Ex. The dealer claimed that it was hit from behind like all dealers. He bought the car for $12500 drive out it early 2009 with 27000 miles. After that he has been driving the car for almost three years now. He didn't have to fix anything major. At the same time I don't think he has done any routine maintenance either like coolant flush, or other stuff like that. Even though i don't know about cars a lot I can tell that it now needs a tuneup which is kinda weird because I thought it was due every 100000 miles or is it not.

Also this morning I went to get my alignment checked since the car was tending to go to the left when the steering was left. I will post the diagram they gave me tomorrow first thing. The guy there told me that the the rear alignment was pretty bad so they fixed it but there seemed to be a problem with the left front wheel and claimed it was missing a "Camber arm" then he himself later found out that 07 civics don't have this part. He could therefore not suggest a fix for the car's going left. So there is that.. Also is there a way i could find out why the car was salvaged?
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
The flapping sound could be the wheel well guards, check to make sure all the plastic clips(little circle things) are all there, plus open your door and look at your fender, there is a plastic guard in there that if not connected will flap. Click USERCP in the top left and it will show you all the post you post in.

Yes Mr. Gunner I did check the wheel well. It was stuck to the thing pretty well. The flapping sound is currently gone because of the rain (I think). Oh and Thank you for the USERCP button. Thats a life saver.
Old 12-07-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

For the pulling issue just try to rotate your front left with your rear left and see if the pulling gets better or goes away, the tires camber might be worn...just something to try before you spend to much money..this is known to happen on 8th gens. And the 100,000 thing is more of a suggestion, honda says its parts will last that long but always need to replace your oil, and all filters on a regular basis..I would do a tune up, filters, plugs, oil anytime you get a used car.