8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2012 civic lx

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
henry9419 is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 civic lx

i know the 2012's are not 8th gen but i really dont want to join another ninth gen forum just to ask a simple, quick question...so this is it, my grandfather has an 0 caddillac deville with 22,000miles on it and he wants to change cars, we were at a dealer and he was looking at civics and the first he saw was a 2012 civic lx and he wants to get it, but i told him before he does ill ask around to see if there are any problems he should know about before hand, so has anyone here had any experience with one yet and what can they say about it? dont just say its a honda and reliable and all that i wanna know about the specific year and model, thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: 2012 civic lx

The care gets a lot of mixed reviews. A lot of people dont like the new look(something i am sure your grandfather is not worried about). The interior has more plastic than previous years. Overall the car is of good quality but it depends what you want from a car. It wont have the power the caddy did but has enough spunk to get up on the highway. The new technology inside is cool but might be a little advanced for older people(just my opinion). There are a million reviews on the cars themselves but I think it is a good car for a daily driver..I dont own one but have read a lot on them...do a search on yahoo or google and read some reviews from the pros. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

henry9419 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah imo it does have way too much technology he wont know how to use, or bother learning besides the radio, and not enough that he will use, the electric seats, in terms of power its like a third of the engine of it, but i have a 95 ex and thats got more then enough power so i think he will be fine with that, im gonna miss the caddy, but in the end its all his decision

oh and another thing about the technology, besides the fancy dashboard, which i really dont like either it doesnt have much tech in at all, no sattellite i dont think, no nav system, dvd etc...

we looked at a 2011 ex coupe, but he didnt want it because it was a coupe, and he didnt like the look of the bumper that much either, he prefered the look of the new one, while i like the look of the 2011 model so much more

i was shocked though at how little was really changed since 95 when mine was new and 2012, alot of the stuff is still quite similar, down to the engine
Old 12-01-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Yeah i hear you, you can get the NAVI and all that stuff but not in an LX. Unless you get them to install it which will cost you more.(mabye less than an EX or SI). The EX and SI models come in sedan as well. I do believe all SI models are manual transmission tho. the premium sound and navigation are upgrades that are offered but will cost more of course.
Old 12-01-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Toyota my friend...Toyota.
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pnamajck is an unknown quantity at this point

check what's all included yourself . . . have a go at it . . .
http://automobiles.honda.com/civic%2...Model=FB2E5CEW

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic%2Dsedan/i-mid.aspx

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic%2Dsedan/safety.aspx

http://automobiles.honda.com/tools/b...ModelYear=2012

Last edited by pnamajck; 01-16-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: enhanced features . . .
Old 01-26-2012
Registered!!

Evil_Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2012 EX sedan...I'm happy with it. It's got plenty of pep for what it is. If you go for the manual, that's probably the more fun way to go vs the auto - the auto is ok, but it's not quite as peppy as I would imagine the manual version would be.

The interior is pretty comfortable, IMO. I've driven cross-country in mine and it was not bad at all.

Technology wise it's not that complicated. The most complex bit will be the bluetooth/mobile phone setup, if you get yours with that. Otherwise, while everything's LEDs and such in the dash, there's no secret handshakes or other things to remember - it's very straightforward. I mostly leave the information display set to the combo radio/mileage page; I can see what station I'm tuned to and see what my travel info is all in a glance. The info page in the computer will tell you when your oil is ready to be changed; it's all in the manual and very easy to figure out.

So far, I don't have any real gripes about it, actually...I've had it for 9 or so months now. I'm a little disappointed in it's winter mileage, but with the winter blends of gas out here, the 35 or so MPG I'm getting isn't totally unexpected. During the summer and fall hitting 40mpg wasn't unreasonable; more than once I squeaked 400 miles out of a tank of gas. The tank holds 12 gallons and the idiot light comes on when there's something like 1.1 left or something like that, so it's pretty good for that.

There's no way it's going to be as comfortable or as appointed as a Caddie, but if he's just looking for a good, reliable car for transportation around that isn't utterly barren and frill-less...the 2012 isn't a bad choice at all. IMO