8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Today is a very sad day...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Today is a very sad day...

My mom decided to trade in my baby, Peppers ...

My baby at the stealership's lot

I'm disgusted that my mom decided to trade in my baby for THIS ugly pos:

Sorry for bad pic, but it's an ugly car, doesn't deserve a nice pic anyway. It's a 2012 Civic Sedan EX

Honda should be hella ashamed to even put this ugly thing for sale.
Interior is cheap as hell, and you know it's hella shitty when even the owner's manual is made of some cheap *** material.

Can't wait for when I can afford an EM2, this pile of crap is sitting outside and enjoying the Canadian weather!
Old 11-19-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Today is a very sad day...

Is that a dampachi doll?

Old 11-19-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Yup, I love Dampachi :3 ...I just don't have any Tein products ^^"
Thanks to Josh, I also haz Dampachi stickers

And LAWL, one thing I will say I like, is there's a wallpaper setting on the ugly pos on wheels.... so I can do thisss :3

Name:  IMG_20111119_214111.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  67.2 KB
Old 11-19-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Sweet! I love Tein.

I'm going to put a Dampatty doll in my gf's stocking this Christmas.
Old 11-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

heee!
give us your reviews of the car :P
Old 11-21-2011
=)

You want review?
Okay.

Out of 10 ...I rate it a -473284738974328974832784732847892742

Why?
CAUSE THE CAR IS A PIECE OF ****.
Plain and simple.

I sat in the car this morning and I just got so pissed that I'm just like. I HATE THIS CAR.
My mom looked at me like wtf is wrong with me, LOL X____X

Usually if I'm sitting in the car, my seat is the same as the driver's seat ... WELLLL, I'm HELLLLAAA squished if I have my seat at the same setting with the driver's. LIKE WTF. And mind you, I'm not tall as ****...I'm only 5'4. -_-; I miss Peppers!!!!!

For those who think the goddamn car is more roomier, oh boy you're wrong, unless you enjoy sitting on the freaking dash.

Grrrr, seeing this car and being in it boils my blood. I freaking hate this car with a passion.

****. I hated my 08, but I didn't know I could hate a car even more.
I officially named my car Honda's bastard child.
Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Hey! What's wrong with Sedans?!!! LOL!

BTW, can't really complain if it was your mom's car to begin with. Here's an idea...buy your own! =P
Old 11-21-2011
=)

Umm nothing is wrong with sedans. I don't recall mentioning anything bad about sedans now did I?
My previous cars were sedans. I don't mind them, but I have an issue with this current piece of ****.

Either way, I will complain cause my mom is uneducated as **** when it comes to cars. There's a reason why I'm on this forum (and others), not her.
Old 11-21-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iSharix
Either way, I will complain cause my mom is uneducated as **** when it comes to cars. There's a reason why I'm on this forum (and others), not her.
Your mom bought a car for you to drive around and you're complaining?
Wow! How old are you?

Yeah, your mom is so "uneducated" that she has the sensibility to buy a Honda, find a car she can afford within her budget, and find and keep a job (especially in this economy) to support her family.

The only thing she's "uneducated" about is what an ungrateful spoiled child she has.
Old 11-21-2011
=)

She didn't buy the car for me. If she did I would've requested for an EM2. So who the hell are you to assume? There is absolutely nothing wrong with me expressing my hate for this pathetic excuse for a car.
Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

She didn't buy the car for me. If she did I would've requested for an EM2. So who the hell are you to assume? There is absolutely nothing wrong with me expressing my hate for this pathetic excuse for a car.
She didn't buy it for you...so why are you complaining again?

Who am I?

I'm...
Old 11-21-2011

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The 9th generation is only a very slight changover from the 8th generation and somehow became total trash overnight ?? Yea, ok.
Old 11-21-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i have to agree with iSharix on this one. while the changes were minor, they were enough to notice over the previous gen (which already had its fair share of issues). i couldnt believe what happened to the dash and seats when i sat in a 2012 last week. didnt even bother to test drive it this time either. even consumer reports gave it one of the worst ratings in the history of honda.
Old 11-21-2011
=)

Originally Posted by gearbox
i have to agree with iSharix on this one. while the changes were minor, they were enough to notice over the previous gen (which already had its fair share of issues). i couldnt believe what happened to the dash and seats when i sat in a 2012 last week. didnt even bother to test drive it this time either. even consumer reports gave it one of the worst ratings in the history of honda.
I agree, fully.
Even the back is weird, especially the doors.

@Nosepicker; my mom doesn't even like Honda. I can complain all I want. Afterall, it's MY family car, not yours. Don't like it? Feel free to click the back button.
Old 11-21-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

I am sorry for your loss.My condolences go out to you.
Old 11-21-2011

Old 11-21-2011

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

What made her want to trade it in?
Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

I agree, fully.
Even the back is weird, especially the doors.

@Nosepicker; my mom doesn't even like Honda. I can complain all I want. Afterall, it's MY family car, not yours. Don't like it? Feel free to click the back button.
So, now it's YOUR's?

You have the right to freedom of expression (to an extent) as I do. Crybaby!

How old are you again? Do you even work?
Old 11-21-2011

Woah bro.Calm down.It's one thing to complain about getting a new car,but it's another to complain about a car that's terrible and that your previous car was perfectly fine.It's like replacing something with something newer but the newer thing is crap
Old 11-21-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just another reason i hate replacing older things. newer stuff keeps getting worse. i still have my 12 yr old dell computer lol, and the funny part is its faster with a PII and WinXP than most computers you buy in the store. i dont think it will ever break. then all my friends with brand new laptops and desktops are always telling me their computer crashed or its in the shop again.
Old 11-21-2011

^ Exactly.Sure it's newer,but is it better?That's what it comes down to
Old 11-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

hehe! sorry bout that, Shari :P
But instead of a n EM2, you really will be better with a 6th gen.
I went in one with a friend driving, man....
it's nicer... i could tell from the passenger side that it's... better...
so yeah, i do agree with ya that the newer ones lost some of the soul of the "HONDA", now they are Honda... kinda like the toyota... sniff....
Old 11-21-2011
=)

Originally Posted by VTEC-2.0
What made her want to trade it in?
Dealership dude made a hella good deal for her, so she traded the car in =_=; unfortunately, her (and rest of family) has the mindset that newer = better.

Originally Posted by gearbox
just another reason i hate replacing older things. newer stuff keeps getting worse. i still have my 12 yr old dell computer lol, and the funny part is its faster with a PII and WinXP than most computers you buy in the store. i dont think it will ever break. then all my friends with brand new laptops and desktops are always telling me their computer crashed or its in the shop again.
+1 , it's like Windows XP was perfectly fine, and then Vista came out, sure its new , but not better.

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
hehe! sorry bout that, Shari :P
But instead of a n EM2, you really will be better with a 6th gen.
I went in one with a friend driving, man....
it's nicer... i could tell from the passenger side that it's... better...
so yeah, i do agree with ya that the newer ones lost some of the soul of the "HONDA", now they are Honda... kinda like the toyota... sniff....
Havent really looked into the 6th gen much. I'm not dead set on an EM2, but in terms of looks, I really like it. Im still going back and forth with my decisions
Old 11-22-2011
Premium Member

imo, the real civic died after 2000. there is not even a point to buy them after that because its a generic car like everything else. honda feeling and reliability went out the window. anyone who has been in an older honda will tell you this. my parents get about one person a week asking to buy their 92 accord. the guy working at the dealer was begging for it and wanted to do an h22 swap. they are solid cars, reliable, built like tanks. the most popular and sought after honda engines are still the older d and b series because they are awesome engines. nobody wants a d17 (altho you can find them for a measly $200 on ebay almost any time) or an r18. the civics in the 80s were even great, many got 50mpg on the highway and still had about the same power as the civics do now. i still see people driving 80s-90s civics and they just keep going. i even saw a mint first gen civic with an old lady in it few months ago.
Old 11-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't read the whole entire thread. but if its YOUR car she has no decision on whether to trade it in or not. I would have told her to buzz off, especially if your paying for it. If my wife told me she traded my EM2 in for a new civic I would go back to the dealership and take my car back, and leave my wife there.
Old 11-22-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
I didn't read the whole entire thread. but if its YOUR car she has no decision on whether to trade it in or not. I would have told her to buzz off, especially if your paying for it. If my wife told me she traded my EM2 in for a new civic I would go back to the dealership and take my car back, and leave my wife there.
I think there are two separate things here that people are getting tangled up:
  1. Complaining about the mom trading in the car the OP drives (implies that mom bought both cars for OP)
  2. Complaining about the new car itself
I think the OP is complaining about the car itself, not so much that mom traded in the old car.

Of course, I also tend to agree that there's no basis for complaining if you're not the one who bought the car. Beggars can't be choosers? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?
Old 11-22-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by random
I think there are two separate things here that people are getting tangled up:
  1. Complaining about the mom trading in the car the OP drives (implies that mom bought both cars for OP)
  2. Complaining about the new car itself
I think the OP is complaining about the car itself, not so much that mom traded in the old car.

Of course, I also tend to agree that there's no basis for complaining if you're not the one who bought the car. Beggars can't be choosers? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?
I agree however OP is doing both but more so blaming his mom for his distaste for the car WHICH ISN'T EVEN HIS. Crybaby!

Hey, I just call it like it is.
Old 11-22-2011
=)

My mom didn't buy the car for me. I simply call my 09 Civic, my baby is cause I take care of the car, I rarely drive it.

I'm not happy my mom traded in the car cause the new car sucks

****, it's like I'm speaking French.
Old 11-22-2011
=)

By the way, I'm only simply expressing my dislike for this car, I have absolutely no idea where the **** some of you pull these random ***** out of your ***.

Quick Reply: Today is a very sad day...