8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Any problems on 2011 Civic LX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverSpringMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Any problems on 2011 Civic LX?

I'm looking to purchase a 2011 Honda Civic LX next weekend.

Are there any common technical, engine, maint/service problems I should be aware of before buying this car? Are there any part problems, malfunctions that I should be aware of? Are there any common issues?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2011
Registered!!

DrunkinStuper will become famous soon enough
Re: Any problems on 2011 Civic LX?

I have only had a problem with the CEL coming on after I get gas in the car but it go's away within a few minuets. I have tried different methods of turning n clicking the gas cap, like clicking it with one foot in the air while scratching my head with 3 clicks to the extremes of pretending i'm going to click it and try to fake my car out then clicking it all the way around a full revolution. (Joking)

Seriously now, I have had the car for 9 months now and have put approximately 5900 miles on it. My gas millage was mid 20's during break in, but now with exhaust and SRI I'm getting 37 with 60/40 highway/city. Its a great little car, my first Honda and first new car. I'm very pleased with it. I really will advise you to use at minimum two dealerships against one another for the purchase of your new R18. I did this and slashed the price down to 14K with lifetime synthetic oil changes for free, scheduled maintenance labor and parts until 120K/6YRS for as long as I *first owner* have the car. Do some shopping and haggeling. Remember your the boss, not the young punk selling you the car.... he has a boss as well, and you should be bumping heads in the end. Send me a PM if your interested in the full tactics, lol.
Old 05-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

2011 is the end of the line for 8th gen civics, so most of the little problems that existed on early models have been worked out. Overall, I'd say they're great cars with only a couple relatively rare issues.
Old 05-22-2011
Registered!!

hotshots1o75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DrunkinStuper
I have only had a problem with the CEL coming on after I get gas in the car but it go's away within a few minuets. I have tried different methods of turning n clicking the gas cap, like clicking it with one foot in the air while scratching my head with 3 clicks to the extremes of pretending i'm going to click it and try to fake my car out then clicking it all the way around a full revolution. (Joking)

Seriously now, I have had the car for 9 months now and have put approximately 5900 miles on it. My gas millage was mid 20's during break in, but now with exhaust and SRI I'm getting 37 with 60/40 highway/city. Its a great little car, my first Honda and first new car. I'm very pleased with it. I really will advise you to use at minimum two dealerships against one another for the purchase of your new R18. I did this and slashed the price down to 14K with lifetime synthetic oil changes for free, scheduled maintenance labor and parts until 120K/6YRS for as long as I *first owner* have the car. Do some shopping and haggeling. Remember your the boss, not the young punk selling you the car.... he has a boss as well, and you should be bumping heads in the end. Send me a PM if your interested in the full tactics, lol.
got my lx-s a month ago drives perfectly fine. 1k on it. question to drunkinstuper. how long did it take for ur car to break in? im getting mid 20s for gas mileage now want it to hurry up to the 30s like urs
Old 05-22-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

initial break in 5k miles, full break in 20k miles.
Old 05-24-2011
Registered!!

DrunkinStuper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hotshots1o75
got my lx-s a month ago drives perfectly fine. 1k on it. question to drunkinstuper. how long did it take for ur car to break in? im getting mid 20s for gas mileage now want it to hurry up to the 30s like urs

@ Hotshots, I started to get 30-35 after 4,000 miles roughly. Now at 6,000 miles i'm getting a steady 37. I have the 5spd Manual and dork around with it a little here and there but not revving past 4500 normal driving. Watch how much you whined out on your next tank, but dont expect to much until that first, FREE, oil change. The MPG will come. *Not sure if it matters were your at IE Temperature outside, but its been 60's here in Washington State. I'll be doing a two day straight trip from Fort Lewis Washington, to Upper Marlboro Maryland within the next month. I'm going to use the App Torque and give this site as well as fuel consumption data half/half SRI/Stock intake, so the SRI and open exhaust might be helping as well.