8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

For the girls...Tune-up?

Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doreen is an unknown quantity at this point
For the girls...Tune-up?

Hello,

I have a 2007 Honda Civic Ex with about 160,000 kms on it and I have never had a 'tune-up'. What does a tune-up consist of?

Thanks
D
Old 04-20-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For the girls...Tune-up?

In that year its your basic stuff, spark plugs, oil change, filters all around (air filter, cabin filter, etc.) Transmission fluid drain/fill, at that many kms probably a good idea to replace the brake fluid, p/s fluid, coolant, and if you haven't done the belts the belts all around. There is a bit involved especially if you haven't done any maintenance at all with that many kms. It's nice to stay ontop of it so you don't have to do everything at once like that.
Old 04-20-2011
Registered!!

Doreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I don't have a timing belt, apparently I have a timing chain. I am doing the majority of what you recommended. Thank You. I think...that Honda should do ALL the maintenance for free...just cause...
Old 04-20-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the K20 has a chain I'm aware of that. You need to replace the accessory belt though. I think the K20 has a seperate power steering belt that needs to be replaced too You can do a lot of it yourself even if you don't have much experience!!! Just search this website for tips and tricks on how to do maintenance. There is a TON of information here.
Old 04-20-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

^ Her engine is the R18, Only the SI has the K20 so there could be minor differences :P

But I agree with tbhohar ...whatever the hell his name is .. learning to do this stuff on your own is a whole lot better than wasting $$ at the stealership/mechanics !
Old 04-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Originally Posted by iSharix
^ Her engine is the R18, Only the SI has the K20 so there could be minor differences :P

But I agree with tbhohar ...whatever the hell his name is .. learning to do this stuff on your own is a whole lot better than wasting $$ at the stealership/mechanics !
My name? That's top secret. That being said sorry for getting the engine wrong, I'm not too fluent in 8th gens.. or any gens for that matter!!!
Old 04-21-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

I dont care for your name, LOL I just dunno how to spell it :P but heeey; it's okay ...we're all on forums to learn about Civics yess?
Old 04-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

1.8L has a chain also. All the accessories run on a belt like usual tho.
Old 04-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tbohar
My name? That's top secret.
I know your name
Old 04-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I know your name
Shhh... if you say it they will find me!!!
Old 04-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tbohar
Shhh... if you say it they will find me!!!
All I have to say is it better not be John Turley. Man, you say his name 3 times and he shows up EVERY time. Weird.
Old 04-22-2011
Whachya lookin at?

LOL... what's his name again?
Old 04-23-2011
Registered!!

rocksinger45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Watch out for that timing belt.

Search this Thread