8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

upgraded intake question.

Old 03-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation upgraded intake question.

i have a 2009 Si...i was wondering if an injen intake will have a place for my mass airflow sencer....i have looked a pics and i dont see. im sure my car will not run right and might have a C.E.L....experienced advice will be helpfull
Old 03-25-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: upgraded intake question.

try and find someone that has the intake. also its not only important that the intake has a place for the maf, but also it needs to be in the right position to work properly. you will throw a CEL if the air is too turbulent going thru the sensor. there are some intakes that are just made wrong and even tho everything bolts together, you will still have problems. just make sure the maf outlet is not located right next to a curve in the intake pipe.
Old 03-25-2011
Registered!!

with injen being one of the top brands, wouldent you think there product would be just the one i need?...or do you have a suggestion of a brand?....i dont care anything for short ram kits..i only want a cold air or ram air....any ideas?
Old 03-25-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well weapon-r is my favorite, but usually the other big companies like aem and injen are fine too. i would still try and find pics to see what the intake looks like and where the maf is. go troll around 8thcivic.com lol. if this pic is correct, thats a good spot for the maf to bolt into, so long as there are no air leaks. its right in the straight pipe where the air will be flowing fast and smooth.

Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

oh o so the sencer goes in that hole..lol..i thought it would be like my mustang and the pipe be in two peaces and the whole thing bolts together...so how is the weapon-r is your favorite and what are the differences?..
Old 03-27-2011
Premium Member

weapon-r has the best filter with velocity stack and thick foam so it flows and filters well. also its not as noisy as other intakes.
Old 03-28-2011
Registered!!

lol...i no it might be strange but i kinda like the "noise" lol....the web site i plan to get my stuff from is procivic. it has injen and weapon r but i havent checked the prices....neither one will cause my c.e.l to come on right?
Old 03-28-2011
Premium Member

well again i would go over to 8thcivic.com and see what they are saying about different intakes.
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

ok well is the weapon r filter below the engine? or is it ontop..?
Old 04-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Injen2nr
ok well is the weapon r filter below the engine? or is it ontop..?
It's a short ram, above the engine.