8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

DYNO RESULTS - 09 4DR Si - SRI, Full Race Exhaust, FlashPro

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011
8th Gen 4dr Si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SiUL8TR is an unknown quantity at this point
DYNO RESULTS - 09 4DR Si - SRI, Full Race Exhaust, FlashPro

Mishimoto SRI, Vibrant RH, Vibrant Gen2 StreetPower Exhaust, Hondata FlashPro, Custom Dyno Tune!
- went from base map to custom tune. Super smooth, idles perfect, more tame even though it's Louuddd, but crossover at 4700rpm es muy bien!

Last edited by SiUL8TR; 03-05-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: DYNO RESULTS - 09 4DR Si - SRI, Full Race Exhaust, FlashPro

Those are pretty impressive results! Add a cam and I bet your power would spike another 30-40hp since it would work very well with all the supporting mods you have in place.
Old 03-06-2011
8th Gen 4dr Si

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Those are pretty impressive results! Add a cam and I bet your power would spike another 30-40hp since it would work very well with all the supporting mods you have in place.
Hopefully cams not that far down the road. It's a daily driver for now, but I'm planing on beefing' up the breaks, and getting a nice set of sticky tires for a Mid-Ohio track day. Not too many opportunities to really open it up for me. It's a little too loud for my taste under normal driving, but I bought the parts to work so I had to have the tune. Crossover kicks-in more at 4700 and there's much more torque in the mid range for normal driving. Around town slow speeds are much more smooth and tame, but when I get past 5K at WOT it's crotch rocket loud. It's fun but I'll really get to appreciate it on the track.

Last edited by SiUL8TR; 03-06-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Beefing up the brakes eh..

What are you going to upgrade?
Old 03-06-2011
8th Gen 4dr Si

Pads and rotors but I haven't looked much into them. I would really like to stiffen the suspension and eventually replace it if I continue going to the track.
Old 03-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

There's really no need to upgrade the rotors, OEM blanks are more than sufficient for a lightly modified car; vented and cross drilled rotors will give you very minimal if any benefits even when auto-crossing.

I would get a set of Hawk HPS+ pads, SS brake lines and bleed the brakes with Motul fluid.
Old 03-06-2011
Registered!!

LTDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get slotted/cross-drilled rotors. They're weaker and more prone to cracking than standard solid/vented rotors, and offer very little to no benefit over solid disks. They just look cool. If you're going for better brakes for track use, get larger diameter ones that'll dissipate the heat and resist fading while also making the car stop faster.

Last edited by LTDan; 03-06-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not sure for civic's, but i believe the slotted should do fine. drilled are the ones that cause the cracks
But as LTDan said, the heat sink matters (size) more. Only comment is that the larger rotors are more likely to resist fade more, but stopping distance might not change much. Tires will affect distance more than brakes, if they in good working order, naturally
I have used my stock system on the track - they could get scary after 15 min... (you have 4 disks, so your rears might work a little more than mine drums... perfect new shoes at 97k...)
Nice power you getting there.
Not sure about cams for 8th gen, which brand you looking for?

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-06-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-06-2011
8th Gen 4dr Si

Cosworth,Skunk 2, and Brian Cower are the only cams I've ever really heard about.
Old 03-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

K24a2 cams are a cheap upgrade I believe.

Those are all the major domestic brands, if you want to be JDM cool there are some other brands, but you pay a premium for them.