8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Is there a diagram of Honda Civic 4DR Automatic Transmission posted somewhere?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torontob is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is there a diagram of Honda Civic 4DR Automatic Transmission posted somewhere?

My manual mentions to turn on the car in park mode and let the radiator fan come on, then turn it off, wait 60 seconds but not more than 90 seconds and check the fluid level.

I waited 5 minutes and got tired of it because neither of the two radiator fans came on. Maybe because it's -7 Celsius outside and probably 2 Celsius in my garage?

I added a bit more fluid and in total now I have 2.75 liters in there = 2.9 quarts.
I looked back at the old fluid in the anti-freeze container and that look close to 3 liters so I indeed added less than came out last night. I will check this again tomorrow night and again in few days.
Old 01-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Is there a diagram of Honda Civic 4DR Automatic Transmission posted somewhere?

It's really difficult to get an accurate reading on the transmission dipstick, it even takes techs a few tries. Best time to check is after you've been for a drive, I usually check it when I get home for work, because that way its fully warmed up and its circulated through all the gears.
Old 01-08-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there is no possible way your trans fluid will ever warm up with the car sitting still, esp not in park. it has to be in D at least. and even while driving, i would go at least 30 mins in winter. maybe 15 in summer. the fan still wont turn on because its so cold, but fluid should be warm enough to get a good reading. summer is best tho.
Old 01-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torontob is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonder why car manufacturer's don't yet take advantage of the a digital reading meter....wouldn't it make everyone's life simpler? or is it twists like this that the car fans like? :-)
Old 01-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by torontob
Wonder why car manufacturer's don't yet take advantage of the a digital reading meter....wouldn't it make everyone's life simpler? or is it twists like this that the car fans like? :-)
It depends on the manufacturer, some actually do.

Certain BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, Jaguars etc. have electronic dipsticks on their cars; even my brothers 87 cutlass has one. Honda is just a slightly lower end of manufacturer, so we aren't privilege to nice things like that.