8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Squeeking/cracking/banging noise from front and rear of car

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yamyam4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Squeeking/cracking/banging noise from front and rear of car

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2006 (56 plate) Honda Civic 1.4 dsi - and i absolutely love it! however there is one thing thats really annoying the life out of me now. i've looked everywhere online and not really seen anything that helps me

When i go over speed bumps i'm getting a really loud squeeking noise, at first it reminded me of a car that had been lowered however not had the arches rolled. this is really starting to wind me up now the car is covered under warranty however i travelled a fair few miles to get it so if i can avoid a 250+ mile round trip then i would be pleased with that.

also every now an again when going over bumps i also get a loud banging noise - sometimes i get this simply whislt driving along and going over pot holes.

i took the car to a local garage (who didnt really know what they were doing) and he said the rubber bushes round the wishbones had started to split - i understansd this could make the knocking noise however tied in with the squeeking aswell could it be something more serious? i have a 3 month warranty on the card and bought it in November so dont really have too long left if it is something serious - i read somewhere the brake pads could be causing the squeeking - is this true?

its just cloked 40k and has full service history and was MOT'd in November.

any help / guidance that you can give me would be much appreciated!
Old 12-29-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Squeeking/cracking/banging noise from front and rear of car

usually squeaking over bumps is dry bushings (like for the sway bars, LCA, etc). sometimes just taking them off and putting lube will fix it. brakes can squeak due to low pads, but it will first do it only when braking, then all the time. it is not tied into speedbumps at all (only suspension is).