8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Severe tire wear on all four corners!!

Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedy25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Severe tire wear on all four corners!!

'07 Civic 4 door.

GF's car that I maintain.

Original tires were changed 65k ago for some Sumitomos. They got changed because of severe tire noise. Why were they noisy? All four tires were severely worn on the inside edge. I've seen this type of wear on fronts, but never on all four!

Alignment was done after new Bridgestones were installed and the only slight deviation from being EXACTLY in alignment was a slight left rear toe. All cambers were well within specs and were not changed during the alignment.

So why did they ALL get so badly worn that way? Is this common to newer civics or something I need to investigate further. A control arm recall pops up but I havent found any real documentation of it.

Thanks for any quality input.

-Speedy
Old 09-30-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Severe tire wear on all four corners!!

No idea why....

But i think bridgestone is warrantied up to 50k miles
However, I think it says "Even wear" on tires, not just on inside...

Not sure, if someone more knowledgeable can step it to help
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

How long ago were the new tires put on and alignment done?

EDIT: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2225229

Last edited by lazlong; 09-30-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there are rear control arm issues on 06+ civics, but if your alignment was set fine and didnt change, theres no problem.
Old 10-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Are you talking about the inside of the car or the inside of the tread?
If it is the inside of the car then it's alignment issues.
If it's the inside of the tire itself then it's over inflated.

Check your tire pressure and use the pressure that is on the sill of your drivers side door, not the max pressure on the sidewall of the tire.

Go to the dealer and have them replace the control arm if it hasn't already been done (it will be free).
Old 11-18-2010
Registered!!

Palndrm12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had this same issue on my 06' Civic changed tires at 50,000 miles put on Good Year Triple Treads and have been getting increasingly severe tire noise lately. When I had the tires rotated today the mechanic noted that there was severe wavy wear on the insides of all four tires. He told me that this was due to worn front and rear suspension. He said this was an issue on smaller vehicles due to similar designs. I am going to get a second opinion but it seems logical as I have 95,000 miles on the car and haven't even touch the suspension and the tire wear matched one of the displays they had. I will update as I find out more information.
Old 11-18-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

A worn suspension can significantly increase tire wear, and the factory suspension would typically need replacing by 95,000 miles. Without seeing your vehicle, I'd say your mechanic is dead on.