8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.
View Poll Results: Helpful
Yes. I'm having (or had) this same issue
50.00%
Maybe. I'll know what to do if I do have this problem.
0%
No
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

HELP!!!! H2O is leaking n2 my Trunk

Old 05-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venezia is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HELP!!!! H2O is leaking n2 my Trunk

I have a 2006 Honda Civic LX Coupe. Bought it brand new Winter 2005. V4. No mods at all.

Water leaks into my trunk everytime it rains or I go thru a carwash. Was in Tennessee last weekend, and it FLOODED for 2 straight days! Car was not submerged or anything like that but it was parked in a drive way up on a hill and I'm guessing from the small slope that the car was parked in, made all the rain water run off the back. When I was finally able to go outside to check out the car, I opened the trunk and it looked like Niagra Falls was coming out of the hood of the trunk where the locks are and my spare tire was sitting in a pool of water. I shop/wet vac'd the trunk 2 days after the rain but it was @least 6 gallons sitting back there.

My guess is that the sealant from around the spoiler screws has worn away and it's coming in from there. I took it to the Honda dealership to get fixed but they are trying to fight with me and tell me that it is not a manufactuerer's defect.

Is anyone else having this problem???

Please help. Any advise is welcome!

-V
Old 05-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP!!!! H2O is leaking n2 my Trunk

If it's leaking that bad you have to isolate the leak. Replacing the spoiler seals would not be very hard to do. It could also be the lights, or even the main seal on the trunk lid. I had this problem in my 1992 accord and it was the spoiler seal, I waited too long to fix it and where the bolts go my trunk started to rust away until I could no longer attach the spoiler on one side. So get it fixed.

Drop the back seat, and get a friend to lie down in there with a flashlight while you hose the trunk down, he should be able to find the leak this way and you can go about fixing it.
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

davidwasheree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey venezia I was wondering how you fixed your problem if you ever did. I've been having the same problem with my 2004 honda civic in the trunk....every time it rains it is leaking. I don't think it was to do with the tail lights cause i tried a water experiment wondering if it'd leak but saw nothing but then saw it water was coming from underneath kinda near the spare tire in the back. wondering how you got it fixed
Old 03-26-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

best way is get in the trunk with a flashlight and have someone hose the car from different places.
Old 03-27-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
best way is get in the trunk with a flashlight and have someone hose the car from different places.
Sounds like something the CIA would do to you, that or a horror story

Anyways, If you're leaking that much, I doubt it's the spoiler holes, you might have a huge crack/break in the weatherstripping of the trunk, that's my best guess.
OR, in our 7th gens, theres a trunk vent flap. Not sure if they have that in the 8th gens, but if that vent is missing, might explain a lot of water going into your car while driving.