8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Altenator

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JoyRidee is an unknown quantity at this point
Altenator

Hi guys, my situation is the following;

I install a radio system to my 2007 honda civic DX, after installing at 1st I had dimmining lights, I bought a yellow battery and a capacitor and replace the radio with another upgrade version of what I had previosly bougth. This stop the dimming light most of it (before also the system would shut down completly when a certain volume would be reach) and the shut down of the system has stop most of it. It still turns off at times just like before when it reaches a certain point. Now the altenator issue I was playing music and the battery light came up this has happend 2 times already, taking into cosidaration the shut down issue and the battery light turning on leads me to think the altenator may be going bad. So Im guessing the system is "asking" for too much power and it turns off when is not there also pushing the stock altenator to its "max". Is there a way for me to determine if this is what's really happening? and how do I choose a "better" altenator to my needs?

I have install the following items;

Tsunami Hybrid Capacitor 40.0 Farad with Lcd Meter

MTX JackHammer JH404 4-channel car amplifier -- 50 watts x 4 at 4 ohms (running 8 six inch speakers @ 2ohm)

MTX JackHammer JH600 Mono subwoofer amplifier -- 600 (running 2 ten inch @ 4ohm)

Kenwood KDC-MP442U (receiver unit)
Also the above receiver I not only have the RCA plug to the amps but also thru the wire harness I have the factory speakers connected too.

Thanks in advance
JR
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1639947.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	78087  
Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

Doc2006Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Altenator

my headlights and DRL's actually dimmed on mine when i put in my 2 12" alpines and a JL audio 500Watt amp. i ended up running 4G wiring and had it wired into the harness of the car. Continue using your yellow top sicne those hold alot of power but deff. upgrade the alternator since the stock alternator is only about 70amps. one that runs about 100+ will work. the ones that are installed in the car are just enough to power all the interior stuff its WAY to small to hold up to the power of the power ure pulling.
Old 03-31-2010
Registered!!

Thanks for the responce, I have 4G wire on the system. Now I have been looking like the entire day trying to find a HO altenator and jesus I cant find nothing for a 2007 civic HO alt. Even reading on this site I have fail to find such post. Any links?, from what I have found. I will end up either replacing wires and making some type of adjustment to fit such. Nothing for direct replacement, well I did find just 1 but holy crap $614. +/- http://www.highoutputalternator.com/...0-%20Denso.pdf for it. So please any help to find something would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JR

Last edited by JoyRidee; 03-31-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-31-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

most places do a charging system test and they can do it with or without the stereo on so you know if the alternator is actually bad, or if its just not able to provide enough power. it barely puts out around 70 amps, most of which runs the different car functions. be sure to charge up that yellowtop every couple weeks with a trickle charger too, the alternator will never be able to keep it at max charge.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

Just thought I check in the thread and been there has not been any new answers I wanted to share this. I found a place which sells HO alt at a much better price than the 1st I post it. http://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/hiou140ampal27.html I'm thinking of getting this. Unless someone has a better price or suggestion.

Cheers!!
JR